K&N 57i problem

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlickFlack

Hello Puma people. (Sorry about my English, I'm not good to explain my problem in car terms but I will try)
I've installed an K&N 57i air filter on my Puma 1.4.
I made sure to follow the instructions strictly and is pretty sure I've installed the filter correct.
Well, when I'm driving and i press the clutch my car is likely to stall. Commonly only when the car is not warmed up yet. The problem started after the installation of the filter.
Do any of you guys have an idea to a solution that will allow me to keep the K&N air filter installed?
I've tried to reset many times without any luck. (disconnect the battery for 2 hours)

Have you oiled the filter with the correct oil and have you checked to make sure the MAF is still plugged in correctly?
Barry

Just like tuonokid says, it's probably the MAF, I had it disconnected once and it stalled fairly often, but that happened when it was warm and not cold.
I also just installed a K&N i57 kit, and haven't had any problems so far, and I'm pretty sure K&N induction kits are pre-oiled when you buy them.

Desty what does the car go like with the cone filter fitted. Does it feel more responsive.

tuonokid said:
Have you oiled the filter with the correct oil and have you checked to make sure the MAF is still plugged in correctly?
Barry
How can the MAF not be connected correctly? :eek:

I assumed that you might have disconnected the MAF to fit the filter and then forgotten to refit it or not fully pushed the plug home (as unless you push the spring clip in it can be a bit stiff)
Barry

tuonokid said:
I assumed that you might have disconnected the MAF to fit the filter and then forgotten to refit it or not fully pushed the plug home (as unless you push the spring clip in it can be a bit stiff)
Barry
Well, it is connected just fine :grin: Should i clean the sensor maybe? Or do you have any other idea why I am having this problem?

I would think that if the car is running differently now to how it was when the air filer box was connected the only things that can be wrong are those connected with you putting on the K&N so as I said, connection to the MAF, oiling of the filter, possibly sealing of the induction hose and the filter to the MAF and lastly perhaps some resistance onto the breather pipe such as another filter (15mm inlet). Your car's showing symptoms of running weak now so it looks like air's getting in where it shouldn't.
Barry

Back