Learning the trade.......

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDS1972

My brother runs Auto-Genie, an Essex/East Anglia based company covering all types of paint correction, valeting and detailing. Today, the poor sod got to grips with my car, must be a bit of a shock after some of the client cars he gets!
My car has had some action over its 15 years, and before I got it in February, I don't think it had much love to be honest. The paint was faded and knackered. Flat and hazed, quite sad, but for £370, what did I expect?
Bought like this

Complete with milky headlights

Cleaned up ok, with minimum effort

Until, the shelf in the garage (complete with household paint collapsed

Recovery was slow

Upon speaking to my brother, re reckoned he could show me a few products and techniques, and how to use the rotary

Under better lights we found

Hazing

Faded paint

On to work

Iron Max is awesome for getting off baked on shite

Quite pleased with the end results, and I'm sure it'll get better next time,learned loads too!

Not to take any of your effort away, as it's a damn good job, but the Panther Black paint they used on these cars is exceptional. Somehow it can be brought back to life even when it looks beyond help. I bought a bonnet off IanG which was basically satin black, having never seen any polish for a very long time. Two passes with a machine polisher and it came up like a mirror. Even now mine still shines and it's been sat in all sorts of weather since I buffed it 12 months ago.

Anyway, nice work :eek:k:

Could nt agree more. My little cheapo outshines cars in the car park that are less than a year old and worth loads more.

Latest posts

Back