Led indicators

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACP17

Hi all, just changed my indicators to led all work but the flash pattern has increased! Can any one help? Do I need to change a fuse to compensate?

Attachments

• IMG_4473.mov
    3 MB
You need to wire in resistors, this will increase the load on the circuit and stop the bulb out quick flash. It's a common problem with fitting led bulbs.

Reactions: red
Hi thanks for the quick reply, how and where do I do that? Hope you can help! Also would it fail an MOT with that blink rate even though all bulbs are working?

Hi thanks do you have to do one for each light or can you just do one each side in the boot due to them being on the same circuit?

I believe you can actually get relays that counter the need for resistors though, I'll have a look.

I don’t know what to say but thank you so much to all of you that have supported me on this post! I will try the relay option as it’s seems the better option/more centralised. I feel like I’m part of a great family on this owners site, thank you! I’m a IT manager for the NHS full time with two kids so all your help is like gold dust to me! X

Latest posts

Back