Leics meet March 27th 2010

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right this is the last time I'll be online, so I'll see everyone tomorrow :)

Let's hope it stays dry...

lol well it's raining here now and a lovely black cloud hanging over, looks like it's gonna piss it down....

better today than tomorrow!!

ahh id have liked to come to the meet! if my bloody car was in one piece! :( lol want to see your car warren :p

there are some roadworks on one part of the route.

If you have downloaded/printed the route directions, please copy and print the following - these replace the instructions at the top of page 2 of the original directions

there are roadworks on the A46. These mean we cannot leave at our chosen exit. We need to change the route slightly:

at the top of page 2 the direction is to join the A46 (where the roadworks are)

you will join the roadworks

go past the first exit to Loughborough/Melton Mowbray B676 (you cannot leave there anyway!)

there is a 2-way traffic for ½ mile sign, then you rejoin the main carriageway

then take the next exit almost immediately, Rempstone/Melton Mowbray A6006

at the T-jn at the end of the slip road turn left

at the next T-jn turn left

go under the road bridge, then turn right and rejoin the A46 going back the way you have come

leave at the first exit, signposted to Loughborough/Melton Mowbray B676

at the T-jn at the end of the slip road turn left

take the first right

then turn right into the Six Hills Hotel (LE14 3PD)

STOP TO REGROUP

now go back to the directions following the stop at the top of page 2

Thanks for the update Ben : I've added the link to your post just under the PDF route links in Jacko's first post so anyone about to print the meet route off will see it!

bossy hat on;

PLEASE PLEASE!!!!! keep an eye on the person behind you whilst driving.....

if they go out of sight or you dont see them cross a junction or your turning left etc and theres no one behind you STOP!!!!!! when they catch up carry on....to the person who is in front of you who has STOPPED!!!! because they couldnt see you!

its an old army trick & works really well!

theres (fingers crossed) going to be 30 cars going, we arent all going to get across junctions etc in one go!

and i refuse to drive like a nanny at 3mph so please remember to make sure the person behind you catches up, doest get lost, doesnt go out of view for more than a few bends....

THANK YOU!

I just washed my car for the second time in a week and it rained a little bit but I carried on. Can someone bring me a gold star please as this is very dedicated for me!!!

@Warren: very sorry to hear of your troubles :(

I'm afraid I won't be in the FRP tomorrow - it's seriously broken due to hitting a huge pothole whilst planning the Bucks meet last weekend. I've got a chronic wheel wobble now, and the car is all over the place. That's two broken cars now :(

I'm still coming tomorrow though :D

Neil said:
I'm afraid I won't be in the FRP tomorrow - it's seriously broken due to hitting a huge pothole whilst planning the Bucks meet last weekend. I've got a chronic wheel wobble now, and the car is all over the place. That's two broken cars now :(

I'm still coming tomorrow though :D

Ah no, was looking forward to a gander! Hope they both recover soon. I hit a Mars size crater in Pips last week and only just had it repaired today. See you a morra then :grin:

You can still have a go on the Bucks meet Tina. Hopefully whatever I've bent will be fixed by then.

Wouldn't worry mate. Hopefully got some leave over Easter to get it sorted. I really want to bring it tomorrow, but the car felt all over the place on the motorway coming home earlier, so probably is best to leave it until the Bucks meet.

replaced fuel pump and wiring, getting petrol in the eye and soaked in the rain, and.............................

the bloody battery is flat from loads of cranking yesterday!!! Now on charge!!

Back