Local Ford dealer = Ripoff

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay

So I bought a hopefully decent LG mp3/cd player w/ USB ports for my Puma to replace the poor cassette-only player. Got it for a nice price, too.

The fascia and the connector adapter... not.

I called the Ford dealership here and they tell me the adapter costs 20 euros! Wanna guess what the Ford connector adapter to standard one costs? About € 20 as well... At least they offered to remove my old player free of charge! :lol:

I also called one of the shops here that sell car parts and stuff but they did not have anything of the three I asked (the removal tools, fascia, adapter) for.

So I look at ebay... Puma-compatible fascia, adapter, removal tools and an aerial adaptor - 22 euro and that includes the shipping. :roll:

Lesson: research before you buy ;)

Indeed. Research is the key. The last facia adaptor I got cost me £5 including delivery ;)

You have better sounds now Jay?

Well, the parts arrived today and I can definitely recommend the seller I linked in the first post.

stereo.jpg

Yeah, it's missing that little bezel thing or whatever it's called that comes with the player... Couldn't manage to get it stick to the player (yet).

Next thing to do is to figure out how to connect a couple of older speakers to hopefully get some boost on the low ranges which seem to be a bit lacking :)

i used the same seller too for my fitting kit. no complaints. Although i think i need to buy another as i recently snaped one of the lugs off and now it moves a bit.

Back