2001 1.7 with sunroof 74k

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terribl3Tim

Ford Puma 1.7 in Red on a W Plate. It's a really rare model with a factory fitted sunroof, it's only one of four known to have this option still on the road. I bought it on 53,000 miles and have done 20k and loved every minute but I feel like a change. I have spent at least £1k on this car since getting it.

I have owned this car for two years and have put a lot of work into making it right, it's far from perfect being a 16 year old car but drives perfectly, handles like a dream, pulls well and is nippy. There are no knocks or bangs or funny noises, it's a lot of fun. It just needs someone to give it a bit more cosmetic TLC to make it a really good example.

Good bits (all work carried out has been done in the last two years):
Cambelt and water pump done at 60k with garage receipt proof.
New wheel bearings all round.
Brand new tyres (fitted 200 miles ago with receipt)
Polybushed rear suspension bushes.
New front shock absorbers.
New Ford Anti Roll bar bushes.
New wishbones.
Stainless steel hoffman race exhaust (a little noisy but will outlast the car).
New drop links.
New TPS Sensor.
New coil pack and leads.
Full service including spark plugs, oil, filter, pollen filter and fuel filter was done by me 1 month ago (have receipt for parts)
K&N Panel Filter.
New HCV.
Rust proofed on the inside seams.
Has heated windscreen and air con.
Connect2 kit fitted to the original CD player so you can use an iPod/MP3/Phone for audio etc.
Good interior for age, all standard with original mats.

Bad bits:
Small rust bubble on the offside rear, it's the only bit of rust on the car and has been there since the day I bought it, has never grown but will need attention.
Paint work has a few chips on the count of the age, there is lacquer peel on the plastic door handles.
The passenger door has a crease/scratch due to a hit and run car park incident. I tried to photo it but can't get it to show up as it's hard to spot.
Few car park dings here and there.
Alloys are good but not amazing, centre caps are all brand new.
Has a very small oil leak as the rocker cover gasket needs doing but a brand new Ford gasket comes with the car.
Has a very small coolant leak on the top radiator hose but comes with a replacement one of those too to be put on, I've just been waiting for nice weather.
Door clips need replacing on both doors as they're a bit rattly but I have a bag of 20 ready to put on.
Steering wheel has the classic Ford Puma melt but it's not too bad.
MOT expires 8th July 2016. The only advisory was rear brake lines which have yet to be done but they're a low cost job I just never got around to it.
Car only has one key and no remote fob (previous owner lost it).
No service history prior to 2014 however I have kept every receipt since then and all will come with the car.
Any questions please drop me a text on 07460 872943 (I can only take calls in the evening but it's best to text first) or send an email to timhugall(at)me(dot)com

£700 ONO Located in Bruton, Somerset.

2j2stxd.jpg

nyvhon.jpg

nzkrag.jpg

2m2dnv4.jpg

ajt1dg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back