looking for an frp on finance...?.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that may be hard, not impossible, but hard, if the banks ower there are anything like the banks ower here atleast...

To gett full finance on a used car Here the car has to be payed off by the time it's 13 years old i belive, (waries) as even the yungest frp is now 13 (2001) full finance would seem unlikely.. However, if you only part finance it, depending on the bank, you only need a % of the full cost, usualy around 35%

But i don't know how your banks handle these kinds of things.... I would ask your bank, and hear what they say first, (unless somone actualy knows) and then whit that info in mind, start hunting for the right car :)

You would be much better off getting a personal loan and using that money to buy a car.

If you need a loan to buy an FRP, you will probably bankrupt yourself trying to run one - they can get very expensive very quickly if you need to repair or replace any of the FRP-specific parts! :lol:

Find one you like (ie, a good one that doesn't need any immediate expenditure), then get a bank loan plus a small contingency for sorting anything unexpected. You'll get a better rate from the bank rather than getting raped for dealer finance.

hmm FRP's are never going to be particularly sensible buys...they are not cheap to run and parts can be silly expensive...but if its what you want go for it...finance as said will be tough, a loan and outright purchase best way

personally, if anyone needs to finance a car, they seriously need to ask question why, something like a FRP isn't going to be a every day car, so would have thought anyone buying one would be financing from savings, as you would need savings to run it

The cost of the car in this case is a small part of the cost of ownership. I'll take a wild guess that you're in your early 20s. If you haven't got the cash for the car, think very carefully before you get a loan for something like this.

Don't let us put you off, just be doubly sure it's the right thing to do.

looking at the bigger picture i would have thought if bought sensibly and used sparingly as a secondish sort of car i would have thought it might in the long term be better than money in the bank and could possibly match the percentage of a loan

Many people find that the wanting of something is better than the getting of something.

Personally on the odd occasion decades ago when I got finance on cars or motorbikes I found I was pretty bored with whatever I bought years before they were paid for and then your stuck with the damn thing.

Stick with what your granny would say "If you cant afford it don't get it" :eek:k:

frp's put a smile on your face at sensible speeds, few cars can do that, they are a pleasure to drive. I get in mine and have a smile on my face most of the time....(well until I changed the susepnesio to gaz which I am having trouble setting up right at the moment and its spolit the feel...I will srot that but as I say a std car is a lovely car...not sure there are not better cars for the money these days mind...but in a few years they may be worth something...

Save yea money for a house, like it was said earlier if you need loan of one it will just get you more and more in to trouble. 13 years old, rust, Alcon brakes +£500 if your lucky, alcontara any bodies guess, shocks are about +£120 a corner, the silly little ford racing badges +£60 each if you can find originals and not the £39 rip off from alan at puma speed, then there's the cam belt that requires additional attention ? £120! Stone chips because you just can't stop driving it, look at £80 per panel if you are good mates with a spray shop. I know it sounds really bad and like I am trying to put you off, but you really have to think on your toes, I have had mine in the garrage now for two years, and there is not a week that goes by that I don't want to drive it, there's nothing wrong I just don't want damage a wheel or strut by hitting a small pot hole, she cost me good money that I worked hard for. Some people say that are meant to drive and they are right, take one through north wales and you will never want to let it go, aspecially if you realise that you can out brake the lotus else's in front, and power throw the bend just as we'll more money arrrr. :| :| :| :| if you are going to die next week sod it stop paying yea pension and spend it paying 25% hpi if you can find it.

O you could always do some more sensible with ya money like support England, but then that only brings tears. Yeah just get a bank loan.

Back