Lowered Puma Owners....

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom B

Can people with lowered puma's please post some pics? Im on a budget and don't know whether eibach springs, or coilovers is the way to go :-( he main aim is to get rid of the 'bottoms up' look of the puma and shrink the space between the rear arch and wheel, but i also want a decent ride aswell (not really bothered about harshness) just dont want it to ruin the good handling of the puma.

So if people would kindly post some pictures of their lowered puma's and what method you used? I'd be very grateful! Thanks! :)

The look would be the same no matter what you used. With springs and dampers your fixed with how low it will go - and the resultant ride. With coilovers you can adjust to your hearts delight, which means if it's a little harsh you can tweak it a little to soften it if your driving a round and about. If you want to go on a track then you can lower it further to help handling as the comfort isn't an issue. Handling benefit comparison from standard to either upgrade is a matter of opinion, errrm, in my opinion...lol, until I get on the Ring in April I don't really know if mine's better or worse. It 'feels' better but that could be a placebo effect so until I can compare a lap with and without I don't actually know if it's improved.

Have a picture somewhere but doesn't really show much....will grab it and add to here when I find it.

EDIT:- Found it....Tyeboi (Chris) working hard after fitting them for me....lol.
View media item 1571This was raised by 10mm the day after as I got a nasty vibration when they were fitted which I have yet to diagnose. Raising it cured it greatly but it's still there. Oh, I have Weitec Hicon GT coilovers which have a good ride quality even when lowered. Good enough for this old git....lol.

This is a before pic, dunno if you can tell how high the bugger was in this pic but believe me, it was high....lol.
View media item 687

11072010368.jpg

lowered 35mm on apex springs standard shocks and on 17`s

Haven't got a side pic of mine I don't think. But it sits much better now and is noticeably lower as I'm much taller than the hatch than it was before and I laugh everytime I see the car parked next to a 'normal' one as it has a much lower roofline height than nearly everycar I see. And I could lower the bugger another 40mm at least if I wanted....lol.

Supersonic's Puma is lowered 35mm front 45mm back and IMO looks exactly right in terms of side profile. Will try to dig out some pics...

Cheers for the pics guys, mines only on 15" 9-spokes, so i'd probably need to lower even more if you are all running 17's, its looking like coilovers are the way to go, but more pics would still be nice :D

Cheers crystal, i quite like that actually, do you know if its on springs or coilie's? cheers

Springs, problem is though not sure you can purchase now. However it does show that 35/45 is possible and looks good. Think coilovers are best to achieve this.

STEAVIE said:
11072010368.jpg

lowered 35mm on apex springs standard shocks and on 17`s

Yours doesn't as look as low as mine was at the front. And I know for a fact mine was only lowered from standard by 18mm.
(And as you now have my alloys, the wheels can't make a difference!)

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1972" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Standard: 158mm
[fullalbumimg]571[/fullalbumimg]

Lowered: 140mm
[fullalbumimg]574[/fullalbumimg]

Profile:
[fullalbumimg]576[/fullalbumimg]

true! strange?! i had only just let mine off the ramp so needed a quick drive to settle it again will have a look at other pics now!

Have a look at my photo album, I dropped my Puma about 30mm on AP Coilover's, spot on and not to costly at approx £400 a set.
Cheers Scott

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=7233" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Check out my project thread. Lowered 40 on Spax and on 17" FRP wheels

Back