lowering springs

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sapuma

hi guys.. i have just bought some lowering springs, shox were included.
i was just wondering what length the springs were meant to be? because the ones i have got are supposedly 30mm lower.. but the rear of the car just looks the same if anything higher!!
any replies would be useful, thanks

They will take a few days of use to "settle" before they reach their final ride height, so don't panic just yet. Are you sure the ride height was stock to begin with? May already have been lowered.

i doubt it will "settle" anymore.

What happens is people fit new suspension on cars that are years old and the old suspension has already sagged then wonder why its not made much difference.

it will be -30mm but that will be -30mm compare to brand new standard shocks and springs.

The old stuff will probably already have sagged 30mm

I bought some 30mm lowering springs when i had my old puma about 5 years ago a 1.4 s reg, i fitted them and was gutted cosmeticly it looked the same although it did tighten up the handling a bit.

dont think 30mm is enough for visual effects well not on the rear anyway

I put eibach springs on my 1998 puma the other day, they are about 30mm drop, took a couple of days to sit down right, even after that its not exactly on the floor. Still big gaps round the arch's.

I was more interested in improving the handling and curing the brake diving, which its done a treat. Dropping the car to the floor would be very counter productive for me road rallying :D.

yippeekiay said:
^^agree^^

Check using the standard heights below to see how the car is now sitting :eek:k:

Nominal height from wheel center to top of wheel arch, measured at wheel centerline:
Front - 375mm
Rear - 378mm

thats handy to know, will have a check on min, as I have no clue if the last owner lowered mine or not, its not got the original suspension, thats all I know!

My Puma on Eibach (-30mm) springs:

Since this pic was taken, I have replaced the standard dampers with YSB and the vertical wheel centre to wheel arch measurements are Front 340mm, Rear 360mm.

Mine on Eibach's and standard dampers
image.php

Latest posts

Back