Melina Blue 99T for sale

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

uxter

Hi

just keep adding things I had forgotten about!

Just putting the feelers out because I want our Puma to at least have a chance of an extended life. It’s a 99 1.4 Melina Blue on a T plate, we got her from the original owner in January 2010. She was my wifes daily driver up until 2014. We replaced the engine at 122k with a 67k unit that came out of the front of a mint red 1.4 that had its back end taken out by what looked like a train! And an uprated sports clutch.

The rest of the car is as original, stereo, wheel, spare wheel, mudguards original sales docs and other bits of history. The aircon works fine. It’s had a strutbrace fitted by me as well as uprated brakes and springs at the front, polybushed rear beam and front wishbones. It’s on 9 spokes at the moment, and it’s on a SORN with no test. I am guessing what it needs to pass are the front brakes recommissioning as they have rusted a bit, possibly new pads and a CV boot, maybe some tyres, but I am sure I have a legal set within the wheels I have. The rear arches need doing, but should pass an MOT and the headlights need a good clean or replacing, the uprated bulbs in them are a bit wasted! And the bonnet sometimes sticks, however the battery is only a couple of years old, the starter motor and alternator were rebuilt at the same time as the engine was fitted.

I have an offer worth £300 as its stands just for the car, but I really want this to go to a home that will take on board its history and put the love into it that I don’t have the time for as my plans have changed. After it was retired from daily use, we intended to use it as a road rally car and it has done 3 events, these being Targa events which run alongside historic rallies, so they aren’t particularly hard events mainly being based on navigation and driving tests (in reality big autotests) and it won its class last time we did and event, the 2014 Solway Classic. But its not a rally car, its not tough enough or powerful enough to really go for it and I have now swapped into a 205 GTi. The plan was to restore this back to showroom condition and wait until the values started heading north, but life has sort of got in the way.

So I am after offers from the Puma community for the car and all the spares to go as one job lot, I have two sets of 9 spokes, the original props, a new front lower splitter as the original one has some surface damage from the original owners parking, a spare ECU, some oil, spark plugs, and a fan belt and the gearbox and alternator out of the 67k car and a full thule roof rack.

Summary of the bad points, body work, paint is tired, has scratches in line with age, rear arches on way out, spare wheel carrier seized in the up position, some trim has fallen off seats and rear hatch, but it’s all there, parcel shelf included.

The car drives and all the electrics work, air con works fine but as it’s not MOT’d it would need towing away, I can do this for a reasonable distance and cost.

The ideal would be someone to bring it back to life and keep it as part of the community, I don’t have the heart, time or space to restore or break her up.

I can get some photos to interested parties.

Going to its new home at the weekend, on extended loan, so if its still worth a bit of time I can get it back, took £150 to get it recommisioned inc the test fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back