MG ZS 180

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haGGard

Well i found a clean one and snapped it up quickly. Genuine 38k on the clocks. It feels very luxurious to me actually, going by the list of cars i've owned before, i've never had electric mirrors or front fogs lol. I look at it as my little executive hot hatch!

I'm not really looking to spend money on this one modifying it. I spent lots on my puma with stainless exhausts and coilovers ect.. Just going to enjoy a standard quiet car for a while which already has the performance. I say quiet, the V6 sounds awesome when you give it some.

I'm only 23 so insuring it is quite tough for me at the mo, but i'll pull it off. If i change anything it will be the back box for another standard one but one that looks less restrictive than the one thats on it at the mo, and maybe fit an MG TF leather steering wheel.

DSC_4610Large.jpg

DSC_4609Large.jpg

DSC_4611Large.jpg

Missing the big wing- and it looks nice.

Powerflow it with no boxes between the cat and the back box lol.

And they sound evil with a simple K'N on.

I do like it though.

I'm falling more in love with it everyday. I was originally going to get a saloon with the 'extreme' spoiler on the back in trophy blue but this one came up at the right price and has been well looked after. You can't really fit the extreme spoiler on the hatchback version (would just look weird) but you can get a bigger spoiler for the hatch. I like the one on it atm though, it kinda has that sleeper look about it.

I'm not going to be messing with the exhaust apart from changing it from that pea shooter of a back box thats currently on it :?

To be honest, fuel economy isn't even that bad at all! when i put a full tank in i'll do a MPG test.

That's a good 'un you've got there. I haven't seen many with that interior colour combination.

Supposedly the best MG Rover car due to the improvement over the 45.

ive been looking at the mg's aswell,nice interior but just being a rover put me off a bit,atleast it has a decent 2.5 engine tho that is strong and reliable,like the colour 8)

Looks good!
I too am a sucker for a decent Rover, no matter what anyone says!
I had a trophey blue daddy saloon MG ZS 120+ for 2 years on a 02 plate. It blew the headgasket twice in 1 year (K Series engine issue we all love to hate) :evil:

However it drove ok and handled pretty smartly :wink: tucking its arse around bends. Had a nice growl too except when it blew steam and oil everywhere.

As you all know I was utterly in love with my old faithful Rover 420i (Honda engine) which lived for 11 years including a submersion in the Yorkshire floods - before I needed to change it in 2008.

Thanks for the comments.

Yeah i went to look at a 1.8 trophy blue hatch back. (Head gasket had already been replaced :lol: ) And i was suprised at how well you can chuck them round corners. The owner took me out for a spin and flung it round this roundabout, it stuck to the road like glue! I would of been more interested in that one but it was a bit tatty, and the speedometer wasnt working which probably explained the convieniant low mileage on the clocks lol

erm.....

glad you found something you like mate :D

personally not a fan as you can probs tell lol

I had a Standard Rover 400 before my Integra and was surprised that all the floorpan, suspension system, brake system (right down to the handbrake and cable) were identical. The only thing different were suspension rates and engine/gearbox.
Obviously the body was a different shape. (made for cheap parts instead of paying import prices )
But its interesting that the two cars are perceived in such different ways while being identical under the skin and being pretty much the same to drive dynamically.

This car is now for sale, only because im interested in downgrading to the 120 model.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2581850.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If it doesn't sell im fine with that, i love the car.

Back