Modern Puma equivalent.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thunderpuma said:
Cibbie said:
Neil said:
People will probably think I've lost my marbles, but I'd say this:

suzuki-swift-black-sport-edition-03.jpg

Similar power, size, naturally aspirated, known to be a great drivers car. Ok, it isn't a coupe - but try finding another small coupe these days.

Good shout with the swift they're meant to handle really well and be a lot of fun to drive (even the standard none sport versions are meant to be good fun). Just not worth the price hike on the current Puma!

I've just found a test of this Suzuki and it says it drinks too much: Highway, average speed 120km/h: 8.2l/100km.
Twingo RS:8.7l/100km

My puma: 7-7.5l/100km!

Plus the Puma doesn't look like an egg on wheels...
I get the same mpg out of my twingo that I get out of my 1400 puma and less mpg out of my 1700 puma. Don't listen to official mpg figures.

I got more mpg from the swift sport than my puma. Most of the time I was around high 30s but on long trips could get it to high 40s. It grips well and you could balance the rear end easily on the throttle. Was a little firmer than the standard puma but always gave me a little more confidence.

Thats brilliant lads and pretty much answers what I (and hopefully others) were looking for,thanks a lot for taking the time to post such difinitive answers.

My twingo and my puma's both bring a smile to my face. The twingo is the better car most of the time but on bumpy tarmac the puma is better as the twingo's cup chassis is far to hard on some of our roads. The engines are very similar in the way they go about there job. Brakes are better on the twingo.

Twingo gets a lot of votes and I,m sure its not even on many peoples radar it certainly wasn,t on mine...mind you I,m old :)

Twingo gets a lot of votes and I,m sure its not even on many peoples radar it certainly wasn,t on mine...mind you I,m old :)

mrbushrat said:
I get the same mpg out of my twingo that I get out of my 1400 puma and less mpg out of my 1700 puma. Don't listen to official mpg figures.

Those were unofficial, measured by a magazine while cruising :eek:k:

slayllian said:
I got more mpg from the swift sport than my puma. Most of the time I was around high 30s but on long trips could get it to high 40s. It grips well and you could balance the rear end easily on the throttle. Was a little firmer than the standard puma but always gave me a little more confidence.

About 40mpg is what my puma does while cruising at 120km/h. How much is doing yours? The test I was talking about also noted that the Swift's computer lies a lot about the mpg. Anyway I believe the extra long sixth gear of the suzuki has to make a difference

I used to work for a suzuki main dealer over 5 years ago and I did a bit of work on these swift sports. I just think there a cheap looking car with cheap looking plastics.

I get about 45mpg out of the twingo going back and forward to work can get slightly better on a run but it's definitely not suited to motorway driving.

MPG is the big plus with both the (1.7) Puma,s we,ve had in the last ten years,round town a regular 35+mpg although it never gets driven hard and the most we,ve had on a run is 49.8,haven,t managed to make 50 yet :)

Latest posts

Back