Moisture in Rear Light

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corley

Hi,

I have a lot of moisture in one of my rear lights. I read on here that you can drill a small hole to cure this. Where is the recommended place to drill the hole?

Many thanks
Corley

drill holes? neva heard that be for hmmm get some pic up im guna keep an eye on this one

I doubt putting a hole in it will make much difference. I've tried it and it never helped. You'll just encourage damp air to get it when it's cold and frosty.
Take it out and see if there are any cracks or breaks round the edge. And when you put them back in, only do the nuts up finger tight. Doing them up too tight can cause them to mist up.

I think LOONEY was asking for you to post a picture so he can see the moisture/condensation inside!

Only my tuppence worth, if you do seal up any cracks / seams around edge etc try to get the moisture out first otherwise you'll only be sealing the condensation / damp in.
Lights out, bulbs out and dry them out - seal up and as Senate says finger tight the nuts ( push light gently from outside whilst doing nuts up )....... :)

SENATEpumA said:
I doubt putting a hole in it will make much difference. I've tried it and it never helped. You'll just encourage damp air to get it when it's cold and frosty.
Take it out and see if there are any cracks or breaks round the edge. And when you put them back in, only do the nuts up finger tight. Doing them up too tight can cause them to mist up.

I think LOONEY was asking for you to post a picture so he can see the moisture/condensation inside!
thanks mate it was

Sorrry Looney i read that the wrong way :) anyway here a pic of the damage

33ti9hl.jpg

i actually made two holes Ø6mm and they are completely fine... they moist up but goes away as soon as i turn on the lights...

Back