mot before due date

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby4Puma

Hello guys...can i have the mot done lets say 6 months earlier than due date?

Bobby4Puma said:
Hello guys...can i have the mot done lets say 6 months earlier than due date?

Ive tried that before and they told me they couldn't do it if it had more than 28 days on the current one. Personally I don't see what the issue is getting one done early. What if you have a bump or a knock, get the car repaired.

It shouldn't be an issue, you can get a NEW MOT anytime you like! lot's of car sales places will put a fresh MOT on a car if there is less than 6 months to run on the current one.
...however if you want to renew the existing test i.e. keep the anniversary of the existing certificate then that can only be done upto a month before the old one expires so the maximum lenght of certificate the centre can issue is 13 months.

In Romania would cost me 700 euros first registration tax...they call it environment tax...i can drive with english plates and insure the car as long as i have a valid mot...so if i decide to drive my puma home i wanted to have enough time to drive it with english plates without register the car...thats why i wanted to know if i can have the mot earlier than due date...tnx guys

Why not have it MOTd just before you leave ... you will have to have it redone within 12 months of the new test but it will probably save you money in the long run.

Weve just had one on a car we bought which didnt need one for 9 months

Yup, I've just had mine done on the 182 two weeks prior to its expiry.

Thats why i wanted to know...if i can do it before march when it expires so ill do it before i go and last for 12 months...tnx for the answers guys

Back