MOT DAY.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasper

:(

The Puma needs an exhaust but what should I go for? Is this the oppertunity I've been looking for to splash out on a SS system and if yes, which one?

Does anyone on here have one fitted and do you like it?

I've got a Milltek Cat back on mine and have had for a year and a half now and it's great. There are quite a few people here that have had them fitted recently - Red, DradusContact to name but two.

Not cheap at £300ish but you get a quality product. Around town it's not that much louder than standard, just deeper. It also looks much like the standard too rather than some obvious boy racer chav style bucket.

17a0358b.jpg

Here's a picture of mine at a bit of a distance with Dal's in the background

08044727R.jpg

I like mine too, a bit more of a drone on the motorway but it's really not noticeable at steady revs.

Wouldn't go back to standard that's for sure :)

iv gots me a powerflow backbox with plans to complete the system.

gives you complete control of what you wish to have. from the tailpipe design, to the bore of the pipe and the sound you want to make!!

good quality and comes with a lifetime guarantee.

might not match the likes of miltek when it comes to performance but as to my knowledge, zetec engines dont suffer the same breathing problems as the older cvh and pinto blocks of old

When I was looking for a new exhaust I contacted my local Powerflow place, they quoted me the same price as the Milltek cat back system so I went for the Milltek.

What swayed your decision if they were the same price Peter?

Or was the Powerflow just the backbox?

Ok. I bottled it. I'm getting a genuine Ford exhaust for less than £100 including the Vat. It does help being in the motor trade sometimes.

I would have gone for the SS option but I don't really think I'd get my money from it as I get itchy V5 syndrome quite often. Sorry for wasting you time.

itchy V5 syndrome

So that's what I've got! 9 cars in 10 years of driving...

I'm still considering putting a SS on mine when it falls off. I do intend to keep this car longer than a year. I've said that every time though... :D

I get that quite badly too!

I've had my Puma since Sept 2006, and is now the longest I've ever owned a car for! (Then again, no other car I've owned has inspired me to join all the online forums either :) )

Is that all your car needs for it's MOT Jasper?

Dal said:
Is that all your car needs for it's MOT Jasper?

And an ABS sensor. Plus advisory on a couple of brake pipes and brake discs. Could have been a lot worse

Cherie said:
itchy V5 syndrome

So that's what I've got! 9 cars in 10 years of driving...

I'm still considering putting a SS on mine when it falls off. I do intend to keep this car longer than a year. I've said that every time though... :D

It's hard for a petrolhead to settle down and be faithful. I've had m Puma for a year but for most of that I've had a second vehicle for running around. In the last year that vehicle has changed three times, having had two Transporter vans and a Toyota Avensis.

I'm fickle. Does anybody else like the Fiesta ST's?

red said:
What swayed your decision if they were the same price Peter?

Or was the Powerflow just the backbox?

It was a catback Powerflow system.

As far as I can see, the Milltek setup is designed specifically for the car, so should give the best power gain. A Powerflow system potentially going to trade off a bit of that power so you can have it quieter, or isn't going to be done in the correct bore pipe, etc etc. It seems to be a dangerous compromise on quality given the price they do it for.

Fiesta ST? Nowhere near as good handling, and the difference in performance is pittiful compared to the 1.7. Too much of a target too, insurance on them is a nightmare.

Latest posts

Back