Mounting bucket seats

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn_

Hi people im in the process for fitting bucket seats to my Pooma. I was just wanting to know how you have mounted yours. I bought a set of standard seats and ive cut the seat mounts off. Im gonna mount these to the bucket seat runners. I might weld them also for extra strength.

So people show me yours.

OMP do frames that bolt into the original mounting positions that then allow you to bolt the bucket seat mounts to them. They are quite effective but two things of note: The front outer fixture (on both sides) isn't correct and needs to have a spacer fitted and they do result in the seat being quite high.

This is the setup I used to mount my 'sport/bucket' seats into my Poooma

RzNQFvk.jpg

C3S4yNb.jpg

Bought a universal seat slider and had someone weld a square (4x4cm) onto the slider, After that I bought some steel strips which were like 0,8mm(0,0314'') thick, after that I had to fix the difference in height between left and right, Fixed this by welding another square (1x1cm) onto the steel strip. Bought some longer bolts and their in my Puma now :)

Which seats are you looking at? Like fixed bucket seats or reclining?

I will hopefully be trying my seats in soon. There only cheapy seats but they should hold me in quite well. I work on a fleet of vans so ive just been robbing bits so I can fit the seats. Ive used LDV Maxus seat belt buckle brackets and Vauxhall combo door stricker plates for the seat belt pretensioners.

Well ive got the drivers seat in. I had to use a piece of metal bar only about 3 or 4 mm thick to bolt to the seat mounts then bolt the seat to the metal bar. The seat feels safer which is a bonus.

Im sure the seat is lower too cause my legs arnt catching the steering wheel. I had to adjust my mirrors too lol.

Back