MPG

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spit

Probably been done to death and I have had a search but have found conflicting answers.....so.
How many miles do you guys get out of a tank of fuel ?
Thanks,
Paul

Around 280 - 300 to the light seems to be the norm.

280 was flissy's norm for, like, ever but, it's dropped to about 225 - 230 the last couple of times...i'm not driving any differently (usual mix of poodling and mullering it!)...any ideas?? it's quite a drop...i cant see/smell any leaks.

t xx

It depends where I fill up I get about 300 from Shell but less if I use supermarket fuel :? I thought the qaulity would be the same?

taliabee said:
280 was flissy's norm for, like, ever but, it's dropped to about 225 - 230 the last couple of times...i'm not driving any differently (usual mix of poodling and mullering it!)...any ideas?? it's quite a drop...i cant see/smell any leaks.

t xx
I thought a knackered lambda could cause this ? :grin:

Most i ever got was 348 miles, driving down the middle of Wales, there aren't many if any petrol stations on the main roads

Last time I gave it a real good run (M6 to Tebay, then through the Lakes and Buttertubs etc.) I averaged 39mpg. Since fitting the 2.0 throttle body tho' it's gone down to about 28 (bummer!)

anything from low 30 to high 30s my aim is to get a tank in the 40s

cant get any more than 250 miles and thats a big push!

i had my car on the mot machine to see how it ran with no cat and it would get thought just! seems to be running lean, so need to have a look but a remap is whats needed! :lol:

Excellent replies all......keep them coming :grin:
People want to see what you are getting from a getting tank.........to give a good idea of what they (and I :) ) should be getting.
Quoting MPG s is fine but miles per tank is so much easier,especially when fuel is a constant price and we all drive the same cars (same size tank).
Hope we can get a lot more replies.
It also serves to show people that they may have a fault with their cars with stupid fuel consumption.

I recommend this site - http://www.spritmonitor.de" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - where you can input the mileage and gas and they will calculate your mpg and display it on your signature -- good stuff ;)

It is good to see how your mpg is varying month by month on that site - it can be a very good indication that a service is needed! I'm still nudging up to an average of 50mpg :wink: I'm 6th highest out of 91 of the same car on there :eek:k: Strangely enough, Cherie is 6th highest as well out of all the 1.7 Pumas!

It's scary when you see how much you've spent on fuel in 6 months though :pinkeye:

Hmm I'm almost ashamed of some of Bee's past figures

Currently get circa 300 miles a tank- Town driving to and from work to home with a little bit fo shopping in between.

I Currently not looking at MPG- more of Miles to £cost put in.

Example being- Last Thursday I put £20 @ 117.9 a litre, in Bee- Currently done just shy of 100 miles and still got about half the fuel i put in left

Different driving styles- stop start, foot down ( to legal limit) gently tickling along on the clutch with 0 throttle movemnt and stead 30/40mph town limts etc.

Going over my past logs Bee's done any were betwen 0mpg ( FFS 10 miles to half a tank) upto a best of 330 miles from a full tank (£52) so circa 40mpg ish- just.

Scotty1.7 said:
Going over my past logs Bee's done any were betwen 0mpg ( FFS 10 miles to half a tank) upto a best of 330 miles from a full tank (£52) so circa 40mpg ish- just.

Did the petrol go in the tank and straight out the bottom again? Unless the fuel tank is completely porus, that really isn't possible.

Back