My little boy (Cat)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moondustka

The little man in question, Dusty (his sister is behind)

Unfortunately we lost Dusty on Saturday as he had to be put to sleep. He would have been two this week - I hate that he was so young.

The vets think he had FIP, feline infectious peritonitis, which is fatal. His symptoms developed very quickly over a several days but wasn't out of character until his last 36 hours. FIP isn't easy to explain so if you love cats it might be worth googling.

My girlfriend and I love animals and these two cats are no exception. Dusty was incredibly friendly and trustworthy, with bundles of character. He would never scratch and if you put your face near or even on him (which they say never to do?) he would never put his claws out. He would often roll over on the floor like a dog when we came home and enjoyed having his belly rubbed. He was very loving and will be sorely missed :cry:

This is turning into an essay so I'll stop now! One last photo..

Awww - poor kitty :'(

Think we're going to have to say goodbye to one of ours soon too, but she is getting on in years.

Thats so sad, great looking wee cat, lost one of our kittens at just 10 months to a car (who despite being in front of the house never stopped) still miss her.
Her sister is now nearly 8 and our old girl is over 15.
Had one wee charactar put down at just 6 months due to a tumor years ago but still miss him too
Makes no difference whether they are young or old, miss them just the same when they go. :-(

Thanks for the replies guys, it is just sad. Sorry to hear about your losses zinc. If the vets were/are correct, the FIP disease only affects 1 in 5000 cats :-(

Sorry to hear of your cat loss, pets do become part of the family with their own personalities and it is sad when they are no longer around.

Latest posts

Back