My Puma Plaything

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just looked at mine again and looks like it is a watercooled one haha - its just the water inlet and outlet are tapped holes in the turbo housing that I assumed were just for fixing it to the chassis somehow. Thats gonna complicate the installation a bit

I'm not even sure I got the right one as I didnt' know the Saab 9000 T25 came in different varieties. To be honest I think they would all work - you just need to manifold -> turbo flange constructed and the downpipe cut/welded. Getting the downpipe right is gonna be the hardest thing I think - not sure how I'm going to determine exactly how to cut and weld it without actually fitting the turbo first then doing some kind of trial/improvement process...I wanna avoid that kind of 'downtime' with the car if possible.

Anyway, the part number on mine is 452083-15, hope that helps!

hi, mines got water ports to, i asked pumanoob about it,he said he didnt connect his and its fine to just leave them as they are.hope this helps

Ahh yeah that helps me too lol, I thought I didn't remember pumanoob saying anything about watercooling and as far as I know we have the same turbo.

For a low boost turbo there is probably no great benefit to connecting it, as lower pressure=lower air temperatures, and I'll be running an intercooler anyway. Watercooling would probably only lower the temperature of the air going into the engine by like 5°C.

How did you do your downpipe/exhaust setup hillbilly? I know Pumanoob used a modified Saab 9000 one, did you go the same route?

i havent got that far yet, im buying all the bits at the mow the same as you guys, but yeah im going to mod the saab 9000 downpipe too

ComPuma with Air/Fuel Gauge:
IMG_0275.png

Ok, so the gauge looks rubbish :) Its a temporary one I knocked up in Photoshop until I can be bothered to do a proper one!

It works though anyway.

Latest posts

Back