New Puma?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red

Administrator
Staff member
No.. not that old chestnut.

:cool:

How much did your Puma cost new?

Mine was £16,810 in Melina Blue from Gates - Bishop Stortford and it was collected on 22/5/99

:cool:

On a side note it was originally ordered in Panther Black so must have had a change or heart!

*Heated Front Screen, Electric Mirrors, 6000 CD Player, Dual Airbags :)
& SuperGuard Inside&Outside

I don't know! :'( Not got that info on either of my pumas.

Wish I had though.

Receipts in with the service history and paperwork if you're lucky.

My first Puma cost me £13,300 brand new with Lux pack, aircon and Moondust silver metallic paint, was an import from Belgium and bought from Trade Sales in Slough in November 1999 :D
I still have the newspapwer cutting advert somewhere announcing "hundreds of brand new Pumas just arrived, choice of colour!" :) I originally wanted a Panther Black one but they had sold out.

I remember driving past a Ford dealer after collecting it with the same car/spec on their forecourt at £16,500 and feeling quite smug :-D

Just over 2 years later I part ex'd it for a 4,000 mile FRP at a main dealer where they gave me £8,600 for the old Puma. The one year old, ex-Ford management FRP set me back £16,000 :eek: Though I did manage to wrangle a 6006E 6 CD head unit into the deal (£500 worth in those days).

Cherie said:
Receipts in with the service history and paperwork if you're lucky.

Not for me. Oh well. The 1.6's were a bit less weren't they, mine's got a Lux pack too I think as it has front/rear heated screens, A/C, electric mirrors...

Hartwell Ford Dunstable.

Deposit of £250 paid 22/7/99

£1784.16 paid 1/9/99 upon collection

Then he had it on 36 months finance at £176.76 a month @11.3%APR with a final payment of £7553.00

Total payable £15486.36

Mr James Swan of Dunstable (Mac operator so his Ford Options credit form says) - ta for buying it :D

He then sold it on 06/06/05 to Mr James Ewers for £5000

I then bought it from Mr Ewers on 7th August 2006 for £2.50 and a packet of smarties. :p

Dal said:
Hartwell Ford Dunstable.

Deposit of £250 paid 22/7/99

£1784.16 paid 1/9/99 upon collection

Then he had it on 36 months finance at £176.76 a month @11.3%APR with a final payment of £7553.00

Total payable £15486.36

Mr James Swan of Dunstable (Mac operator so his Ford Options credit form says) - ta for buying it :D

He then sold it on 06/06/05 to Mr James Ewers for £5000

I then bought it from Mr Ewers on 7th August 2006 for £2.50 and a packet of smarties. :p

He must have been laughing! :-D

Havent looked properly at the service history. Some of its servicing was done at an LDV truck gargage, which is slightly worrying though!

Was a passenger airbag standard on the 1.7?

DradusContact said:
Was a passenger airbag standard on the 1.7?

Nope. T'was standard on the special editions though I think.

16450 IIRC

Hammer Ford, Brierley Hill, 24th August 1998 :)

3.5k deposit put down when ordered in the May :)

Mine was bought by Mr I Dury on 24/3/00
But it has no prices tho,

Then it was bought by a police officers wife in 2006 again no price

Then it was bought a couple of months ago by me for £1380

zebitz said:

I wonder if he hit it with his rhythm stick? :p

Sadlly, the Ian Dury died 3 days after your car was first bought :-(

Thank you kind sir for enlightening the unenlightened :)

BOK said:
zebitz said:

I wonder if he hit it with his rhythm stick? :p

Sadlly, the Ian Dury died 3 days after your car was first bought :-(

I was wondering that but couldnt remember when he died.

Only problem with it is you cant turn it off, so you cant have a child seat in the front. I bet that makes alot of people sell them when they have kids.

They can be disabled. Same method is used to put on an aftermarket steering wheel (no airbag one).

Hi,

I paid £10,824 for my 1.7 with Air con, Lux Pack, passenger airbag & Metallic Paint included, Ordered it in March April 2000 through Eurauto Direct, collected it from a Dealer (Autochristian SA) in Denier, Spain (near Alicante). This was the price after registration, VAT etc after importing it. When ordered, list price was £16,165 in UK (with options). By the time I got it, Ford had dropped the list price a lot, but it would still have cost (without any discount) £13,593 :lol:

Anyone beat that for a new price?

Mike

Back