Non repairable seats?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grogee

I've got these Recaros in my Puma, I sent a message to http://www.interior-perfection.co.uk/ (local-ish to me).

Their website shows repairs to damage/wear very similar to mine, yet I get a message back as follows:
"Unfortunately there isn’t anything I can do with these issues. They will require replacing rather than repair."

Someone tell me this is bollocks??!!

Attachments

• Puma front drv seat inner bolster.jpg
    Puma front drv seat inner bolster.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 78
  • Puma front drv seat outer bolster.jpg
    Puma front drv seat outer bolster.jpg
    452.2 KB · Views: 78
  • Puma front pass seat outer bolster.jpg
    Puma front pass seat outer bolster.jpg
    338.2 KB · Views: 78
  • Puma rear seat ns.jpg
    Puma rear seat ns.jpg
    388.3 KB · Views: 78
Whereabouts do you live as if you live near me W.Yorks we have Tony Archer at Huddersfield who would replace the torn sections of leather with new panels but some of the panels shown could be repaired by yourself with furniture clinic products?
Barry

Those are definitely repairable. Not the cheapest or most economical way of doing it, but repairable yes.

The company Barry suggested are good, as are Hide and Seat.

Your cheaper option is to buy a secondhand set for £100-£150 and take the backrest from the replacement passenger seat at swap it onto your drivers seat as the are not ‘handed’. That’s what I did with mine if you search Recaro seat refurbishment on the forum. You could then remove the base cover from your seat and get it repaired using the base leather from the donor seat or use the base from the donor passenger seat

Maybe they mean the damage can't be repaired (i.e. glued, stitched etc), but the sections can be still replaced.

Thanks gents. I'm not very near the People's Republic of West Yorkshire unfortunately. I'm in the Midlands, Warwickshire way.

I'm reluctant to buy any more seats as I already forked out £200 for these, but I take your point re: replacement/donor parts. I would imagine finding the right colour isn't too easy, but I'll keep an eye on this forum and the usual online auction site(s)...

Red - if they meant that, that's fine, but wouldn't you explain it if you wanted the business? Just seems very dismissive to me, not interested in new custom.

Yes I agree, the wording makes it sound like they certainly can't or don't want to do anything with them.

grogee said:
Thanks gents. I'm not very near the People's Republic of West Yorkshire unfortunately. I'm in the Midlands, Warwickshire way.

I'm reluctant to buy any more seats as I already forked out £200 for these, but I take your point re: replacement/donor parts. I would imagine finding the right colour isn't too easy, but I'll keep an eye on this forum and the usual online auction site(s)...

People’s republic of West Yorkshire!!! Love it!

Latest posts

Back