Off tracking in?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F2eeman

Hi folks,

I recently spoke to a mate at work who used to work for ford. I told him that I needed two new front tyres for MOT as I think the tracking was out and caused balding on the inside of the tyres. He mentioned something about all pumas tracking having to be slightly "off" to be straight? something about a miss aligned frame when build? Fact or bull as I'v gotta get my tracking done in the next couple of days.

Thanks in advance :)

I used to work for Ford as well, had plenty of Pumas through my hands but never heard of that one

I seem to remember seeing something on Watchdog about early Mondeos not being set up foursquare and wearing tyres out prematurely.

get it down to a w.i.m's garage,the kit they use is amazing,and the staff are very helpful,they have all the correct info for setting up any car,not sure of cost,as i had the omega checked over at an open day last year in milton keynes for free,it is worth the trip and you will notice the difference once its done properly

I believe the Puma is set slightly toe out as standard...seems silly considering they wear the inner shoulders all the time. When I last got mine done I told them to set it to dead zero despite him protesting. The tyres therafter never wore on the shoulders and the handling was unaffected as it still fell inline with manufacturers tolerances.

I'm pretty sure 'zero' was established a while back as better than the manufacturer's recommendation, but then I think I have early onset alzheimers the number of times I can't remember what I went downstairs for :cry:

Back