Official,lotus Elise chassis fastest in universe!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to know the mini metro mirrors are Mars bound. :eek:k:

Now that's drifting:

WildNegativeHatchetfish-max-14mb.gif

Brilliant stuff. Watched the launch last night on the SpaceX website, the kids stayed up especially.

Amazing to think that this car will probably be in orbit for millions of years and will likely outlive anything on earth.

Also amazing to think Alien life may one day come across it......bet the battery will be flat, how annoying is that going to be :grin:

At the risk of sounding a bit, er, stupid, I have a query that I'm sure someone on here will know.

Apparently the Tesla has David Bowie on repeat play on the audio - either Life On Mars or Space Oddity, depending on which newspaper you read.

Anyway, I'm sure I'm right in thinking that this will not be audible in a vacuum (ie.space). However, what sort of atmosphere would be required to transmit sound? I'm sure that Venus has an atmosphere (of sorts), so if the Tesla was carjacked by a bunch of Venusians (hypothetically, of course, I know they don't exist, as alien life is only on Mongo... I've seen the documentary Flash Gordon) would they be able to hear the Bowie songs?

Even if they did exist (which of course they don't) they would never understand it anyway.....mind you come to think of it I don't understand today's pop songs
I am glad you specified vacuum as "space", was wondering what a Venusian would be doing with a hoover :?

zinc2000 said:
[post]367652[/post] Even if they did exist (which of course they don't) they would never understand it anyway.....mind you come to think of it I don't understand today's pop songs
I am glad you specified vacuum as "space", was wondering what a Venusian would be doing with a hoover :?

Well, I've heard about this 'space dust' thing, so you never know... :grin:

As for pop songs (sorry for the thread de-rail, Mods!), I remember watching TOTPs in the early 80s and my father (a Louis Armstrong/Bing Crosby/Dean Martin fan) complaining that 'they don't write songs like they used to..." and looking aghast at Bowie's video for Ashes To Ashes. I don't like nor understand modern pop songs, either - much better in the old days when it all made sense...

"I am he as you are he as you are me
And we are all together
See how they run like pigs from a gun
See how they fly
I'm crying
Sitting on a corn flake
Waiting for the van to come
Corporation T-shirt, stupid bloody Tuesday
Man you've been a naughty boy
You let your face grow long"

Oh. :oops:

I still know all the words to "Two Little boys" by Rolf Harris, how sad is that :grin:

On the Tesla in space thingy, a recent video of a Tesla on fire and the toxic fumes said fire was giving off made me realise that basically they have launched a highly toxic missile into space, whoops, sorry aliens :-(

zinc2000 said:
[post]367785[/post]
On the Tesla in space thingy, a recent video of a Tesla on fire and the toxic fumes said fire was giving off made me realise that basically they have launched a highly toxic missile into space, whoops, sorry aliens :-(
I would hope they took the batteries out first! :eek:

zinc2000 said:
[post]367785[/post] I still know all the words to "Two Little boys" by Rolf Harris, how sad is that :grin:

:lol: That really is a bit sad - especially as it's only a rung or two up from knowing some Gary Glitter lyrics. Oh... I do. :-(

Latest posts

Back