P0443?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to a quick google search that's to do with the fuel vapor evaporation valve being open too much. So that's probably something to get sorted pretty sharpish.

I have the same problem...but i dont know how to find the part...i tried to google it but i didnt find anything...i also have poorish idle and a little stalling under constant revs...and lower mpg :(

I could be wrong but this system vents unburnt fuel from the petrol tank and the inlet manifold when the engine's turned off by the way of a gulp valve into a carbon can. the carbon can is the plastic box to the front of the petrol tank so if you follow the pipe up the transmission tunnel to the front of the car it will go to the gulp valve. My guess is the suction pipe from the inlet manifold might be damaged leading to erratic tickover and overfuelling to compensate. If I get the chance tomorrow I'll have a look on my car and see where the gulp valve is.
Barry
PS if the gulp valve is stuck open you will also get the same symptoms.

Thats my thought too that the valve its stucked open...i checked online for that error code and i have the symptons it describes...but i dont know how to find the part :( so i can get it fixed

I'll try and have a look tomorrow but if you get the chance it will be linked to the inlet manifold by a pipe and then another pipe will go to the back of the engine and there will also be a two wire electrical connection onto it. It's not the metal device bolted onto the inlet manifold as that's the ICV.
Barry

So this valve is connected to the manifold? I have to go to the garage to lift it up on the elevator...tnx for all the info...if its not too much of a bother maybe u'll take a photo...if u can...cheers
P.s. do u have any ideea where can i buy this? By the look of it i might only find it at a ford dealer :(

Check this out : To cause a P0443, there has to be a problem with the purge control CIRCUIT, not necessarily the valve. Usually they are a unit housing the valve and the solenoid as an assembly. Or it could be comprised of a separate solenoid with vacuum lines to a purge valve. That said, it could be any of the following: Bad purge solenoid (internal short or open) Wiring harness chafing or rubbing another component causing short or open on control circuit Connector worn, broken or shorted due to water intrusion Driver circuit inside powertrain control module (PCM) is bad

Hope so...cause garages play russian roullete...lets change this see if it works..then lets change this see if it works :( and they make me change half of the car....anyway i have the some problem with my other puma....i have 2...i didnt hook up the odb2 but has exactly the same symptoms...and both started having this problems after they havent been started for a while

If you have multiple vehicles you need to establish a routine of regular starting and running otherwise they go downhill really quickly especially with modern unleaded fuel. This gets worse as the weather gets worse as it kills batteries, rusts brakes etc. I have a two weekly cycle on my Puma now it's sorned and sitting in the drive which takes about an hour but will make sure everything works next year when I put it back on the road.
Barry

One is in the uk and one is in romania :) now my father is starting the one back home once a month or couple of months for half an hour and it stays in a garage :)

The one in Romania will be cold now, make sure the battery is kept charged, it gets bloody freezing in Eastern Europe this time of year :)
Barry

271120152457_zpswf0i15r8.jpg

That should be it, the little device just under the blue lambda sensor plug. My guess is that when you turn on the ignition or start the car it will shut and when you turn off the car it will open venting fumes to the carbon can.
Barry

You're a legend Barry tnx for all the help...ill go to Ford today see if they can supply the part :)

This may work :) Get someone to hold the body of the valve whilst you start and turn off the car to see if they can feel the solenoid moving (knock, vibration)
Barry

PS Also take off the pipe from the manifold to the valve to see if it leaks

Latest posts

Back