Painted headlight housing

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

One of the ideas i have for my new Puma, if i ever buy one, is to paint the headlight plastic housing with the color of the body, for a better look (in my opinion).

I have been looking around, and i have not found any topic about it.

Is there something I should know about it?

Possibly because nobody has been brave enough to try and pull the headlights apart to that degree... :-D

People have done this in the past, I remember at least seeing someone doing it silver.

Not sure how you'd go about finding it tho

Well, we will see.

I intend to buy an extra pair of headlights to do the job without risking the original headlights.

red said:
People have done this in the past, I remember at least seeing someone doing it silver.
Elvin (e3silversurfer) did his silver, back in 2007. Nothing much on it, apart from the difficulty in separating the 2 halves.
A little more info on PumaPeople (but no pics):
http://www.pumapeople.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=69316&st=0&p=563221&hl=+paint%20+headlights&fromsearch=1&#entry563221

That's who I was thinking of. He swapped those lights in to his later Puma from memory too.

Actually on the link Rick posted, another member posted this

its a motha to to do, the first one was the most difficult, the second one was pretty easy, carved out as much stuff as I could then started to split it at the top corner of the lense, wedged a normal eating knife in and worked it a bit till I got enough levarage against the silicone, then it all slowly ripped away

DSC00645.jpg

DSC00643.jpg

what did you bond with in the end ?

black roof garter and pipe silicone

Latest posts

Back