Part-Worn Michelin PE2s / Slick Tyres

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveB

I know this is my first post (which looks bad when I'm selling something!) but I am an active member of passionford, LocostBuilders, Cliosport and MIGweb etc so you if you need me to be 'vouched for' please don't hesitate to ask for references.

A chap I sold some tyres to at a track day few weeks ago said it could be worth on this forum advertising due to the nature of the cars on the site so, here I am!

Please note I am not a "trader".

I'm a motorsport and commercial photographer by trade so over recent years have built up relationships with various race and support teams throughout the UK. Due to this relationship I am able to supply Part-Worn Michelin Exalto PE2 and slick tyres.

Part-Worn Michelin PE2 Tyres
The tyres are "control tyres", used in a UK race Championship. As such, they have to be changed after every race. The races are between 15-20 laps long and the cars weigh c. 650-700kg so the wear and damage to the tyres is very minimal.

Tyres are supplied with tread ranging from between 5mm to 8mm (usually more than less) and all sets will be as matched as possible.

Some photos are below.

IMG_6764_zps2e20daab.jpg

IMG_6765_zpse746aa0c.jpg

IMG_6768_zps2f95270a.jpg

IMG_6768_zps2f95270a.jpg

IMG_6766_zpsce6b09ea.jpg

As you can see the majority of the markings on the tyres are minor scrubbing. The tyres do have fair amounts of 'pickup' from the track but this will obviously come off within the first 5-10miles of driving.

The tyres are all 195/50 R15

Price and Delivery
15" PE2s - £110 collected / £125 delivered

Part-Worn Slick Tyres

As with the origin of the PE2s, these are used in various UK race Championships for either one race, testing or practise etc. The photos below indicate what I would consider to be the 'average' condition of the slicks that I can obtain.

As with all race tyres there is a fair amount of pickup on the tyres due to the nature of their use, this will obviously vary depend on the conditions at the time of the race, but, regardless, will all come off within the first few miles of use anyway.

Some photos:

IMG_6760_zps83d0976f.jpg

IMG_6763_zps9a643df1.jpg

IMG_6762_zps5d173044.jpg

IMG_6761_zpsf11e24af.jpg

The ones in the image below are Dunlop 17" slicks but the slicks I have in stock could be Michelin, Dunlop or Avon.

So, what sizes can I supply:

13" Slicks
160, 200, 230, 240 wide. Maybe some 185’s coming in future. Maybe wets available

15" Slicks
15” slicks are Michelin 19/57 x 15 or Dunlop 185/58 x 15 both equivalent of a 195/50/15

17" Slicks
205/62 x 17. Maybe wets available
235 or 240/61 x 17

18" Slicks
240 or 250 all the way up to 310 wide!

Compounds
The compounds vary, but all are from 'circuit racing' so not as soft as those used for hillclimbs, sprints or drag-racing. If you want these for track days then they will be spot on. If you are after some specifically for hillclimbs or sprints then let me know first and I will see what I can pull out

Price and Delivery
Slicks vary in price dependent on size and width. Please ask for a price on anything not quoted below -

13" Slicks (any width) - £110 collected / £135 delivered
15" Slicks (any width) - £210 collected / £235 delivered
17" Slicks (205 width) - £160 collected / £185 delivered

Deliveries are normally sent out twice a week so unfortunately I cannot promise anything better than, at the quickest a 72 hour turnaround - however if tyres are required urgently please ask and I will see what I can do.

Collection is available from Huddersfield on evenings or weekends (HD9 postcode)

Payment
By Paypal (as gift or +4%) / Bank Transfer or Cash on Collection

Prices for sets of 4?

(As you don't clarify that.. ;) )

LOL :( You're not the first person to say that!

The prices are for a set of four!

Tyres do look good as I know a chap that does ginetta racing that sells his qualifying tyres , however I dont recommend anyone pays as a gift as its like giving cash to a stranger

1-pd - I can understand that.

Im a regular member of LocostBuilders (kit car forum) and have been selling these tyres on their and have good feedback. There is a long thread in the for-sale area of the LCB forum with feedback etc, just so I can re-assure people that I'm not going to run off with their money!

Hi Dave, just curious as to whether you can get 16" slicks too? If so, what would the price be?

17" Slicks
205/62 x 17. Maybe wets available
235 or 240/61 x 17

Hello mate

Could you just let me know what the 62/620 is in old money compared to my normal 205/40/17's. Is it a 62 profile (quite high!) or is it a completely different profile measurement?

Many thanks
Al :grin:

Flying Scotsman said:
Just for information's sake, those thinking of slicks, can only be used on circuits if you have a welded in roll cage installed.

What if I promise not to crash......much! :p

I didn't know that! And I was interested in slicks too. Will have to leave that for now then.
Thanks Mac.

hi dave,

interested in the PE2's (set of 4) do you still have some available and if i collect, do you have the ability to fit the tyres? as i won't be able to transport them back

First post here as I don't have a Puma (got a proper car.. 306 gti6...) I just followed the link from Google just to get some tyres!! But, just to put peoples minds at rest, I ordered some tyres from Dave last week, communication was good through out the sale, the tyres were sent on Thursday and arrived on Monday. They were as described in the thread, two of the tyres had 6mm (going on the rear) two had 7mm (front.. obviously!) so happy here.

Nick

Ayup Dave
I'd seen this post before and not put two and two together I didn't realise it was you!
Here's a piccie of us at the oilcan.
Barry
photo2_zps8de072cd.png

Sorry all for the delayes reply. Email or PM is best for this site please.

No 16" slicks I'm afraid; like rocking horse poo unfortunately.

Got a couple of sets of pe2s left at he moment.

Hello Dave.
I`ve just received the set of Michelin Pilot Sport 3 tyres I ordered from you last week.
Just a quick word of thanks. The tyres are great and I wasnt expecting them so quickly.
I love these tyres on my puma and yours are cheap as chips.
I`ll be ordering another set when I wear these out on track.
Thanks again, Stu..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back