Passenger side rattle

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ventzaq

Hi !

Any usual suspects for interior rattle that seems to be coming from near the glove box ( I've emptied it, also found a plastic screw cover in the passenger door card 'tray', so partial result :grin: ).

Rattle comes and goes even on smooth roads, usually a rattle but sometimes an ear piercing squeek can be heard ( hopefully related )

regards
kevin

It's usually bits of the door card clips which have snapped off and fallen inside the door. Try pulling all round your door card to see if any of it is loose. If so, it's best to get a bag of clips, take off the door cards, clear out any bits inside the door, then replace all the clips with new ones as they never go back quite right after you've pulled the cards off.

Also helps to put a strip of gaffer tape over the mounts in the door cards, then cut a slit in the tape before putting the clips in to further reduce trim-related rattles.

Dunno what your squeak is, though.

Best is not to get Ford clips :lol: A solution a lot of drivers here in Holland use is to get Renault Megane door clips. They work much better than the standard Puma ones and make the door card stay on really solid. With the Ford ones you have the same shite again in maybe 6 months or a year..

Renault part number is:

Hopefully the number is the same across the pond :roll: They cost me about €15 for about 20 of them.

Hi !

Just to update on the the "ear piercing squeak" : seems to have been from one of the front suspension springs having broke, part of which was hanging down and must have been rubbing on some metal near the tyre sometimes . Front springs replaced and no more squeak !

The clue was a bit of black spring shaped metal I found under the car where I park ! And looking under the car you could see where part of the spring was hanging over where it should be.

regards
kevin

Back