Passenger window not rising full + faulty OSF mirror motor

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zinfandel

Hi folk, me again!

Two electrical issues I've got.

The driver's side wing mirror motor doesn't work. It wont let me adjust it. Is this a common thing? Would it need a new mirror or is it the motor/dodgy connection somewhere?

Also, the passenger electric window goes up fine but gets stuck about an inch from the top and will not go up without some help!

Any ideas?

Thank you!

sounds like a defective mirror motor, or a broken wier to the door. and possebly a pour window mechanism... :(

you wil know more if you remove the doorcard, and look at the moving parts in the door :)

Cartman said:
sounds like a defective mirror motor, or a broken wier to the door. and possebly a pour window mechanism... :(

you wil know more if you remove the doorcard, and look at the moving parts in the door :)

Not that bothered about the passenger window at the moment. I don't know, maybe if I get a girlfriend it will bother me then haha.

Are the door cards ok to go on and off? I took one off of my old polo once. It was an arse to take off and an absolute bitch to put back on and was never right again!

i have the same problem with my window. inside the door there is a green peice of plastic which attaches the glass to the mechanism. with the window down loosen the 2 screws on the green platic bit. wind the window up then through the 2 holes in the metal of the door tighten the screws back up. if this doesnt work leave the 2 screws loose giving the glass freedom to move slightly in the rubber.

Before you start taking the door apart, get some silicone spray and give the rubber that the windows slide up and down in a spraying.

I tried everything to get my drivers window to stop sticking (typically, all the hard things first) but a quick spraying over and a wipe and it's never stuck again for the last 3 years.

Worth a go before you start taking stuff apart!

The silicone spray worked an absolute treat! Thanks very much :D.

Now to sort out this off side mirror :/ Any ideas? The NS works perfectly so I can only imagine it's the motor in the mirror?

Could still be the switch I suppose. I haven't investigated the mirror switch, but if it's anything like the window switch, you may be able to swap the left and right mirror wiring in the back of the switch. Then, the off side starts working and the near side doesn't, you'll know it's just the switch and not the mirror.

Latest posts

Back