Petition to Stop the Scrappage of Classic Cars

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Signed! It still gets me angry now....

Although I completely agree with saving these cars from the crusher, I'm not sure about the statement that they should be sold to new drivers as first cars.
Due to the inherent fact that they're classic and old, they need a lot more maintenance to keep them in safe running condition, and the majority of them will probably be not really suitable to use as daily runners.
The vast majority of 'new' drivers can't even be arsed washing a car, never mind maintaining one.
Just sayin' :)
Paul

748 said:
Although I completely agree with saving these cars from the crusher, I'm not sure about the statement that they should be sold to new drivers as first cars.
Due to the inherent fact that they're classic and old, they need a lot more maintenance to keep them in safe running condition, and the majority of them will probably be not really suitable to use as daily runners.
The vast majority of 'new' drivers can't even be arsed washing a car, never mind maintaining one.
Just sayin' :)
Paul

Agreed, but I think the hyperlink is slightly misleading, the flawed notion of giving the cars to the younger drivers is only a suggestion. The main aim of the petition is to prevent the destruction of classic cars which imo it would be a crying shame to destroy such craftsmanship! Really my hope is that this petition will just gather enough momentum so that the idea of simply destroying these vehicles will be challenged instead of being accepted as a foregone conclusion.

Can only hope but it is worth a shot. On a side note - Glad we've replaced these cars with nice clean modern diesels! Did everyone enjoy the air pollution today?! Because of course the only thing that comes out of an exhaust is CO2! :lol:

The list refers to cars taken in under the scheme in 2009, will they not have been scrapped already or is there a new scheme in operation now?

How do you classify what's classic and what's not?

Minefield.

Latest posts

Back