Pipercross viper kit

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I have the Pipercross Viper, not sure if it helps on power tho, but i'm sure it allows the air to flow smoother and more freely

this one right?
54621d1222772834-feedback-pipercross-viper-intakes-pipercross_images_viper_silver.jpg

Pipercross vipers always came highly rated from the focus owners club. Never used one myself but they apparently sound awesome and do help the car get a bit more air in!

I think they get a bit more air in but the benefit on power is debatable as it is more likely to be warmer air from the engine bay which isn't ideal, unless you duct some colder air in from somewhere outside the engine bay.

it probably roughly equals out for power gains, especially if you haven't done any other mods to the car

less cold air = larger volume of warm air

surely by putting it in the front bumper you are allways getting a direct cold air feed, which is what you want

Mort666 you got it wrong.
the viper filter is encased in a carbon fibre shield so that it is not exposed to the heat from the engine bay.
it also has a cold air feed that forces cold air in from outside. this is because the ram is situated behind the engine grill.
it is supposed to improve mid-range performance, which is what im interested in.
im not bothered about the induction roar!

mort666 said:
Ah Fair enough. didn't realise it had the cold air feed too. my apologies :)

:-D did you not see the picture? :-D

Studge is it worth £195?
i have a k&n filter panel in the standard box, does the viper kit perform better in your opinion?

Quite a lot of money considering the VERY small (if any difference) gains on a NA Puma engine it will make.....

for a bit more you could get a simple fixed hit Nitrous kit on 25HP jet settings... and you wouldn't have to use your imagination to feel the difference... :lol:

altho dejavoo , i think we've been here before... :lol:

i remember when the FRP first came out, there were quite a few owners bought these claiming it boosted the car to 170brake...lol to that one.... with regards to the FRP, you never hear of them anymore, so if there were any real gains to be had i think you'd hear people singing their praises... :cool:

Studge said:
mort666 said:
Ah Fair enough. didn't realise it had the cold air feed too. my apologies :)

:-D did you not see the picture? :-D

lol, I did see it but didn't pay too much notice to it to see that the ducting was for the cold air feed, not a pipe to connect it to the throttle body :D

sax-puma said:
Studge is it worth £195?
i have a k&n filter panel in the standard box, does the viper kit perform better in your opinion?

Well i cant really say, my car came with it already fitted and i have never driven a normal puma, so its up to you :cool:

maybe just get a cold air feed and build it into your air box?? :wink:

Not worth that price in my opinion! K&N panel is as good as it gets realistically, put your money elsewhere!

Back