problems wiring a sub and amp check hear

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

demonskull13

problems wiring a sub and amp into a ford puma 1.7

main problems people have like i did myself are :
finding a hole from the engine bay into the car

the way i ended up doing it after a couple of days of looking and trying to work it out is this

first dissconect the battey to stop electricution/ or the car to short out

get a old metal coat hanger or thin stiff cable:
look under the bonnet you will see where the fuse box is pull water seal off just to get in furfer and let you take the top of the fuse box.take top of fuse box off to give you more room to play with look at the rubber gator which has the wiring loom going through get a hobby knife and cut a small cross on the left hand side of the gator being carefull not to cut wires in wiring loom then:
push the wire in it should be quite tight its best to get it as tight as you can to stop water leaks if you dont cut it big enough you can allways make it bigger but not smaller
push the wire in untill you can see it under the passenger side dash:
then get the red live cable and put a circular terminal on the live cable and hook coat hanger/wire through the hole so it dosent slip off.
pull the coat hanger/ wire from inside the car you will get to where the join is then you will have to pull it quite hard, dont worry about the gator going in as you can sort this later when the join has gone through it will go in easier and because its just a small cut it should still be waterproof. you can sort the gator now if its gone slightly in really easy to do.
after that run the live cable under the carpet to the back of the car and also run the remote cable on the same side from the stereo.
then its just the aux cable remove dash surround, so you can feed the cable behind and then under the carpet run to back of the car, the reason for running the live and remote down the passengers side and the aux cable down the drivers is to keep them as far apart as possible to stop getting interfearence form the live cables an distorting the sound.
then just wire the sub and amp up. Then the last job is to connect the power cable from the battery to the live cable . you should have left anough cable in the bonnet to get to the fuse box ect. now you can reconnect the battery if your happy you have done it right
i havent found anywhere that tells you how to do this so
hopefully this will help people wanting to wire a sub and amp in a puma
sorry about the lenth of this but just checking i covered everything

Happy pumering

jason
:p :thumbs: :pose:

Latest posts

Back