PROJECT MOONDUST (sax-puma)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sax-puma

Thought it was about time I uploaded pics of my project.

All modifications are recent, literally just months old, as I started modifying her after I bought her in July 2009.
Here is a list of the modifications, performance and cosmetic:

• FRP airbox conversion with neoprene induction pipe
image.php

• K&N filter panel
image.php

• Sportex cat-back exhaust system (racing centre pipe and back box with 4” Slash cut – Jap style tip)
image.php

image.php

• Front brake upgrade; 300mm Focus ST170 drilled and grooved discs, Mk3 Mondeo callipers, Mintex pads
• HEL stainless steel braided brake hoses (all round)
image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

• AP coilovers (lowers car 30mm-80mm)
image.php

• 17” Team Dynamic Jet alloys in Hyper silver
• TPI lock nuts and key + new nuts
image.php

image.php

• Yokohoma Parada Spec 2 Tyres (all round)
image.php

• Wheel spacers + extended studs
• Xenon headlight/sidelight upgrade
image.php

• Clear lens/amber bulb side repeaters
image.php

• Black aluminium bee-sting style aerial
image.php

This is how she looks now:
image.php

PumaJay said:
good looking puma those wheels really suit it!

you planning on doing any more mods??

Cheers...

I want to get the miltek evo mani and cat, and eventually upgrade the cams and have it re-mapped.

It's ready for the extra power now :eek:k:

How do you find the ride on the AP's as im considering them?

And what height have ya set them to?

Scotty1.7 said:
How do you find the ride on the AP's as im considering them?

And what height have ya set them to?

These coilovers are superb.

They are firm but not too harsh and it handles like it's on rails.

I'm not sure how much it's been lowered by as I left that to my mechanics descretion, but I would guess at about 40mm.

The AP coilovers really are good quality, and this is reflected by the reviews of many including pumaspeed.

Unfortunately the RRP has risen again, the 2010 price is about 50 pound more at 415 pound a set.

Cheers bud- sounds like they will do ok for me then- I'm loking and taking it down to around 50-60mm

i would recommend weitec and they are probs a little cheaper if your budget is tight mate.

TyeBoi said:
think about setting up a photobucket account sax and transferring the code to here and your photos will look a tonne better[/quote]

I've changed the pics from album codes to image url codes...mucher better now :ok:

Wheels really suit the car, i was considering them at one point. Multispokes really suit the puma imo.

Good choice on the coilovers too, i'm on the AP's like you. If your on a budget they are probably the best bang for you buck.

Only thing im not feeling is the exhaust you have chosen :? All your modification are of a high standard with good parts, and i think the Sportex exhaust just lets it down slightly.

haGGard said:
Wheels really suit the car, i was considering them at one point. Multispokes really suit the puma imo.

Good choice on the coilovers too, i'm on the AP's like you. If your on a budget they are probably the best bang for you buck.

Only thing im not feeling is the exhaust you have chosen :? All your modification are of a high standard with good parts, and i think the Sportex exhaust just lets it down slightly.

Thanks for the complements.

As for my Sportex exhaust, it's not the best, but it's by no means the worst + it's better than the horrible, rusty, standard exhaust it came with. :p

The tip is the only part on show, and that's stainless steel anyway, and it fits into the bumper perfectly.

As for the build quality, I can't knock it. The bends are smooth, and the system is very de-restrictive, resulting in improved performance and a beefy growl :twisted:

I suppose I could buy the miltek or piper cat-back for a full stainless steel cat-back, but I think i'll wait until my system turns to rust first (although I may be waiting a couple of years yet :zzz: )

Right now i'm more interested in fitting the Miltek Evo mani and cat...now that is worth my money :thumbs:

Thanks to all for your comments :eek:k:

haGGard said:
Yeah likewise on fitting the mani and cat. I should be getting my milltek mani on any week now. Cant wait!

:eek:k: Nice.

It would be good to do a before and after on the rolling road.

Make sure you post your progress!!

Looking good mate!! I like how the slash cut exhausts fit the pumas, seems to flow nicely with the bumper!

I need to log more of my progress on my car!

Keep it up!

VorTeX said:
Looking good mate!! I like how the slash cut exhausts fit the pumas, seems to flow nicely with the bumper!

Slash cut Milltek FTW :eek:k:

Back