Puma all weather cover

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cubatoo

Puma Supporter
Hi All, husband's 60's Ford Consul Classic has trumped the Puma's place in the garage so now looking for good quality all weather car cover to keep my Puma warm.
Any recommendations please?

Hi All, husband's 60's Ford Consul Classic has trumped the Puma's place in the garage so now looking for good quality all weather car cover to keep my Puma warm.
I'm sure there are some good covers, but my experience with various ones has not been good.
Can someone recommend one that lasts longer than a couple of months ?

Attachments

• 20231117_142955.jpg
    20231117_142955.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231117_143945.jpg
    20231117_143945.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Hi. I'd advise not getting one. I used one for my 1964 Ford Mustang and to my horror after a couple of months started to micro blister under the cover! I'd recommend getting it regularly washed and give it a decent polish prior to resting up. My existing Puma nd Kuga don't seem to mind the winter!!

Attachments

• IMG-20230603-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20230603-WA0003.jpg
    362.1 KB · Views: 0
Hi. I'd advise not getting one. I used one for my 1964 Ford Mustang and to my horror after a couple of months started to micro blister under the cover! I'd recommend getting it regularly washed and give it a decent polish prior to resting up. My existing Puma nd Kuga don't seem to mind the winter!!
I keep my Red Puma outside, uncovered, try to use it at least once a week, but it has had a really thorough wax polish, which definitely helps to protect the body.

Sadly the windows leak (though hoping to find time to take a credit card to the window rubbers) and she needs some welding to make the body more waterproof at the moment. Hopefully can make this a new year project. In the meantime, need to keep the rain out!

On two occasions I have purchased a top of the range car cover and I do mean top of the range for my Puma's. Save your money. In high winds the cover marked the car. I had to polish out the marks. I sold them on. I personally would never cover one of my cars again. I think it is better as in the open as it ventilated.

Attachments

• smartbarn_trike5.jpg
    smartbarn_trike5.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 0
Can you rent a garage or covered parking space locally?
These cars need to be kept in the dry otherwise they will deteriorate quite quickly.

When i had my classic Mini a few years back, I used one of these,

https://www.feelgooduk.net/products/motorcycle-cover-for-trikes
It kept the car dry, but the covers were damaged/torn by the wind and only lasted 2 winters at most. It had to be bolted to the ground. They didn't do a larger one, but I believe they are available elsewhere that are big enough for a Puma.
Alternatively there are these, Garages, Sheds, Portable Instant Garages and other outdoor structures. - Machine Mart
Thank you John yes I was thinking of something like that!

Can you rent a garage or covered parking space locally?
These cars need to be kept in the dry otherwise they will deteriorate quite quickly.
Afraid I live in the sticks so no
I was also going down the route of a tent style cover but could not find one.
https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke-cis81212-motorcycle-sheltershed-36-x-36/I found the above yesterday which I think should fit the the Puma. Going to phone them in the New Year.

I got a new cover for Christmas. My missus got it from eBay. I’ve just put it on and it fits quite well. It has 4 tie straps to tie to the wheels and a buckle strap to go underneath the car.
It cost £38.99.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12487467...Vzflgp24T0q&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=SMSIMG_2189.jpegIMG_2191.jpegIMG_2190.jpeg

Back