Puma fails to start

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pig

Engine turns over fine but will not start. 'Feels' like a fuel problem as I smell no fuel under the bonnet when trying to start.

Check the fuse for the fuel pump, I've not had a Puma for about 2 years though so I can't remember which one it is

Thanks you for help. The fuse was blown. Also replaced the battery as it would not charge. Everything now seems OK :eek:

Welcome to the site, keep an eye on it as it could be a sign of the fuel pump failing (blowing the fuse).

Hi all. Newbie here with first time post. Have also had the no start problem twice now and everything seemed to indicate fuel pump (no smell of fuel coming through to engine) but although my friendly local mechanic said it would probably be fuse number 31 under the bonnet, it turned out to be fuse number 35 (10 amp) that had blown. Haven't got an owners manual with this car so can anyone suggest what may be causing this fuse to blow? (or whether there should perhaps be a 15 amp fuse in this slot instead of a 10?). Many thanks.

Don't put a larger fuse in, it will only cause a bigger fire. You seem to have a short somewhere between the pump and the fuse. Start at the pump and work back with a circuit-tester.

For information...
I don't think that a lack of under bonnet fuel smell should be used as a good indication that the pump is not working. The fuel system from pump to injectors should be sealed. If you switch the ignition on and as a result immediately smell fuel under bonnet then you have a leak that requires attention!

Fuel pump fuse blows because the fuel pump is on its way out,get it replaced asap,or you could be stuck in the middle of nowhere and no phone signal to call recovery.

Back