Puma Temperature?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrayvon

Hi folks,

Just a quick question really, the temperature on my dials does not appear to be getting to 'the norm' very much anymore whilst driving along, but it will if stuck in traffic, i.e not moving much.

Is this just due to it being so cold outside or is there actually a problem?

For example, I drove back from manchester yesterday (60miles) and it never got above a quarter of the way, when it should be around the half way mark.

Cheers!

Sam

Hi mine is the same :) i replaced the thermostat but it would always have an air blockage in, so i drilled a 5mm hole at the top of the thermostat and it let the system bleed the air out.
It gets to full temp exept when its really cold it takes about 7 miles to get to full temp so i just covered half of the radiator with kitchen foil to cut down on the amount of cold air cooling the radiator and its fine now :)

Mines the same since it hit december and its been in the subs. Wouldnt worry about it untill its about 13oc and your puma still isnt getting to normal.

Ahh this makes me feel better. I did kind of assume it was this, just wanted to check!

I think the fact it warmed up in traffic jams reassured me anyway :)

Ta!

Mines not like this at all, seems to get up to temp really quickly, within 2 miles of driving i'd say im pretty much in the middle of the guage :eek:

Back