Puma woes

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,
Well my husband has changed the fuel filter today. He picked me up from work and could still smell the petrol inside the car.
\don't know whether its due to only just being changed and still having the wet stain on the fuel tank. He couldn't see anything leaking, although he didn't have time to take the whole tank off and look at it properly.
I presume I should keep my eye on it for a few days and see if the tank stain dries out :?:

tracy74 said:
Hi all,

I presume I should keep my eye on it for a few days and see if the tank stain dries out :?:

I would say keep an eye but dont be surprised if it takes a while for the petrol smell and stain to fade. I had an "ooops" starting the car with the fuel return pipe off the injector rail.

That was ten days ago, tarmac still black and a little smelly. <- I know tarmac is black lol, this is normally dirty grey tarmac. :grin:

OK I done what should have been done at the start. I took the car back to where I bought it. Luckily it was an MOT garage and fingers crossed they have sorted the problem.
So so pleased I can finally start enjoying it. :) :grin: :) :grin:

Glad to hear you will have it all sorted. All you need to do is enjoy driving.
Drop me a PM if you ever need any help. Depending on shift work I can always try to assist.

Latest posts

Back