quick question, POWER!!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yippeekiay said:
As I said £ for £ a bike wins everytime.

I've always maintained the road surface quality is VITAL to getting the best out of a bike...a car on four wheels with at least twice the contact patch it may understeer/oversteer on a loose/wet/slippery surface, both of which are controllable with reasonable skill...on a bike you could be off pretty sharpish without the benefit of a car's safety cell to protect you from things you hit.

bet you a £4k Impreza Turbo would leave a bike of equal value easily on some of the North Wales roads in the wet...

BOK said:
Consider getting your ECU mapped for super unleaded and use it.

Everytime :eek:k: V Power club member :D

Dal said:
BOK said:
Consider getting your ECU mapped for super unleaded and use it.

Everytime :eek:k: V Power club member :D

With the added bonus of smoother and more responsive running and improved fuel ceonomy when driven sensibly :D

Nice to know the car is running more efficiently :cool:

Exactly Colin. I don't especially drive with V Power for the extra few bhp from the modified mapping. It feels easier to drive and more responsive. I also get 40mpg+ regularly so the extra cost is justified.

if you want to make any car go faster, get better brakes and suspension and decent tyres.

Means you can brake later and hold more speed through the corners and as such get even greater enjoyment out of your car.

Good times

^^ Exactly why insurers will put up your premium of you upgrade a safety feature such as your brakes.

And of course, rip off any plastic spoilers that an earlier 'pose rather than performance' owner has fitted.

:D

Latest posts

Back