Rally For Heroes at PH KDS Kent Meet - 1st April 2012

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spike.

WHEN and WHERE?

Sunday April 1st 2012 , at KDS Keltec, Gillingham, Kent, ME7 1YQ

10AM - 4PM

MAP TO KDS KELTEC - http://www.kdskeltec.co.uk/map.phtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WHAT?

A Detailing Meet, with several traders including Dodo Juice and Gtechniq on hand to talk to you about their products and how to get the best from them. their full range of products will be for sale on the day also. Shinearama now confirmed as attending
a Snap-on truck will also be on-site during the day, containing all the tools you could want and the usual key-rings, t-shirts etc
anything specific that you are after from Snap-on with a view to buy on this day, please post in here
We can now confirm that Paint shield will be attending , The owner (Tom) and his staff will demo the fitment of the films and showing the latest self-healing films in action , its really is a very clever product and has to be seen

http://www.paintshield.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kelly is looking to arrange for several supercars to come along

Lepsons (http://lepsons.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) will also be on hand during the day to offer any advice on wheel refinishing, repairs etc.

A Show and Shine competition will be held on the day, split into several catagories including best interior, best paint and best engine bay. possibly best chassis and best wheels too depending on the weather at the time.
each category winner will receive a detailing-related prize and a Grand Prize will be given to the overall car of the day.

Judges for the Show and Shine competition are;

Oh my God Russ (Russ Zs)
dyson marc (heavenly detail)
mars bar roy (pro valet)

free 'goody bags' will be given out on the day as well

WHO?

Hosted by KDS Keltec - http://www.kdskeltec.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

INFO ON THE LOCATION

Easy access from all the main roads in Kent, and from London. It's about 12 PH minutes from the M25.

Considerably bigger than the Manor Farm Barn's parking area, fully enclosed and fully concrete. There is a large 'pay and display' right next door that could even be an overspill car park if absolutely necessary.

KDS Keltec is on site and opening up to give an insight into exactly what goes into a 100 hour long car detail. Like this PH'ers Ford GT.

Lepsons Wheels are on site and opening up to give an insight into the processes involved in quality wheel refurbs.

Plenty of space for a number of catering vans - that's right folks, the usual PH fare of tasty porcine morsels and hot Oriental herbal infusions WILL be available!

EVEN IF it gets too busy, there's a variety of Maccy D and cafe type establishments within a puny PHer-suitable walking distance.

Oh yeah.... and there's a 700 metre long tunnel en route........ hmmmmmm............ and it has a roundabout at BOTH ends.............

Rally for Heroes will have a display stand, and a collection at KDS detailing on 1st April 2012.

We will be joining Jaykaybi of Wilton Super Cars fame, at a get together he is arranging on the PH Kent section.

Date: Sunday 1st April
Time: from 10am, for a few hours

Location: KDS in Gillingham - Unit 12/Railway St Ind Est/Railway St, Gillingham ME7 1YQ

I do believe the good folk from Dodo Juice, Lepsons, Snap On, Paintshield, Gtechniq and others will be around in a relaxed capacity as well, doing demos and showing stuff, and if anybody wants to know anything about Wilton House jaykaybi be happy to chat. And there will be purveyors of car-meet grub and drinks on site, naturally.

RALLY FOR HEROES INFORMATION

So what is Rally For Heroes 2012?

It is a driving event across Europe organised to get together a group of like minded driving enthusiasts to raise money for charity and have fun whilst doing so.

How far will we be going?

The idea is to drive 5 miles for each fallen serviceman/woman since the beginning of the Middle Eastern conflicts. Now unfortunately that figure is rising monthly. In 2010 we covered just over 1700 miles, in 2012 we won't be far off 2500.

How does it raise money and for whom?

The majority of money is raised by obtaining sponsorship from companies and in turn advertising them on our vehicles, this gives the companies exposure for the time leading up to the event and then on the trip itself, not to mention the media coverage. We also appeal to the general public for help by selling merchandise and even street collections. Last year the event raised in Excess of £32000 for Help for Heroes. In 2012 we will be looking to raise £100,000 with the money this year being split between Help for Heroes and the Royal British Legion.

How much money goes to the charities and how much is used by the entrants?

Unlike other events where entrants have to raise sponsorship to fund the trip, 100% of money raised through entrants individual fundraising and donations from the general public goes straight into the charity site. All the attendees pay their own expenses from their own pocket.

A large proportion of the money raised, comes via corporate sponsorship in return for advertising exposure. Obviously to administrate, market and marshall an event of this magnitude carries a cost, the entry fees cover a large proportion of those costs, with the balance coming from the corporate sponsorship. The remainder is then split between the charities after the event. All the attendees, pay their own way expenses from their own pocket.

Can I sponsor/donate?

Yes, any corporate sponsorship should be directed through the contact section on http://www.rallyforheroes.com/home.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Individual donations can be made through my virgin giving page at http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserPage.action?userUrl=spike2&pageUrl=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

how early do you start, as we gotta be about 8am, to set up, or prob be easier the afternoon/evening before!

Sundays we're open 10am-5pm but the Saturday before we're open 9am-6pm and the latest you'd need to come in is about 4.45pm... I would recommend booking aswell as we get fully booked really quickly on weekends :eek:k:

I'm on the list from Detailing World so there will be a FRP there if Ollie gets the engine work done in time. Will message Alan again as he is only down the road.

Sorry 2 sound dumb but is there an entry fee if we just want to pop down?... Will be in my baby but she's not ready for showing yet as only got her Xmas :wink:

Back