Rear view mirror position.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gigglebug

Hi folks

Could I ask a few of you bods to post pictures of the rear view mirrors in your cars please being sure to get the position on the screen in please? I've had my screen replaced by Autoglass today and they have set the mirror too low so it obscures the road when going around a left hand bend. I just want a few examples of the correct position to show them if they get funny about it as technically I've signed the job off. Tried Googling to get some pictures but none are clear enough unfortunately.

Many thanks

Sorry no pics but if it helps my mirror is exactly 4 inches from the top of the screen....measured down to the top of the mount

I'd recommend not to put it back to the original spot, as it covers half of the vision, well it did at least to me. I'd removed the rear view mirror and lined it up with the black dots in the middle, now it shows a bit less, what's behind, but not is the way of my eyesight.

Cheers Zinc. I'll give mine a measure when I get back to it later today. I know one thing, mine is never only 4 inches from the top of the screen! I don't think it helped that the guy who did the fitting was fair bit smaller than me but you'd have though he had enough experience to know better?

Sylvester said:
[post]362135[/post] I'd recommend not to put it back to the original spot, as it covers half of the vision, well it did at least to me. I'd removed the rear view mirror and lined it up with the black dots in the middle, now it shows a bit less, what's behind, but not is the way of my eyesight.

Autoglass have just left and I went with this suggestion. The black square which is used to place the mirror was in the correct place, roughly 4 inches from the top of the screen. He checked the database to see if there had ever been any variation in it's position but there hadn't. He agreed with me though that it was no good where it was and moved it to the black part at the top of the screen which hopefully will prevent the adhesive being affected by the heating elements. I can only think that the owner before me had done something similar as I'm sure I would have noticed the same visual impairment before the screen was replaced.

Back