recently acquired a ford motorsport rs200 tool kit!!!!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacko

MINE, ALL MINE!

apperently its never been used (er!) and its from a sierra (nope!)

every tool has a 'ford' logo embossed in, how cool! (how sad am i!!)

needs a refurb; iv contacted a company in china about titanium spanners....but that might be going too far as it weighs sod all already! needs a new inlay so im thinking either 3d milling some hi density foam ala assassins briefcase or laser cutting clear polycarb and putting frp alcantera underneath!

[albumimg]2558[/albumimg]

ps 1983 vintage so its a spare from the rs200 production....

Actually my Dad's Y plate XR4i did come with a tool kit exactly like that. I think all early high spec Sierra's did. They were also available from the Ford accessories catalogue in the 1980's. IIRC designed to fit inside a 14" wheel in the spare wheel well of a Sierra.

Sorry.

If you want me to upset you even more, I do have a full complete and original workshop manual for an RS200, unfortunately it is only the vinyl one, not the leather version, but very nice nonetheless. Lives with my collection of RS500 brochures.

Completely wrong.

The RS200 was loosely developed from the stillborn RS1700T project.

The RS500 was a lightly modified homologation special based upon the 2dr Cossie, and launched in 1987. The RS200 ceased production in around 1986.

the rs 200 was a parts bin special lol i was looking round 1 at a car show on sunday.
the spec sheet said it was a 1.8 but i watched a program the other day saying it was a 2.1???????????? which 1 was it???

oh and that tool kit is cool, and getting very rare nowadays, didnt the 4i come with a tool kit and a first aid box?

No first aid box, though it was ex-demo. It was Grandad who ran it as a demo though, so can't think it would have done missing then.

Standard RS200 ran a 1.8, but the full house Evo version was a 2.1 IIRC.

iv seen one in a rs200, same, rare cos most were binned! but doesnt surprise me they came in sierras cos ford wouldnt make it specially

FlashBastd said:
Completely wrong.

The RS200 was loosely developed from the stillborn RS1700T project.

The RS500 was a lightly modified homologation special based upon the 2dr Cossie, and launched in 1987. The RS200 ceased production in around 1986.

Yes i was, must activate brain before engaging fingers, as you say it was the other way around, 500 developed from 200 - and i've got the video about the RS200 too!!!

Wrong again I'm afraid, the RS500 owed nothing to the RS200.

There was pretty much nothing in common between the two cars, other than tail lamps, windscreen and front door glass, and some items of interior trim, door pulls, levers, etc. Mechanically they were very different, the RS200 used a mid mounted 1.8 litre Cosworth BDT engine, which has nothing in common with the pinto based YB mounted in the front of the RS500.

As mentioned, the RS500 is basically just a Sierra Cosworth with modifications to the block, larger turbo, intercooler, second set of injectors, revised fuel pump, oil and cooling system, extended, but unused rear suspension mounting points, and some minor additional body addenda.

Fair enough, however when it comes to irrelevant rubbish like this, I really know my stuff!

Anything important on the other hand...

nice item you have there.....(sorry, old topic! :grin: )
the plastic intrays are notorious brittle and break! :evil:

however, these toolkits were specifically produced for the mk1 Ford Sierra top-end range in 1982 onward, fitted as standard to the Ghia and XR4i model, and an accessory to the whole range in general....

Finding them complete is the difficult part.. I've had a fair few of these over the years, they can sell from £50 to £140 (my last one, brand new, still in it's Ford retail box)...

sorry, but they are not 'RS200 Motorsport' specific at all......very collectable and nice to have all the same :cool:

flashbastd living up to his username in this thread.

nice toolkit, plans sound good.

Oh the RS200 had a Sierra dash and cut down Sierra doors.The body was made by Reliant at Tamworth and I believe final assembly was carried out by Tickford near Bedworth

no Sierra Dash - it was too tall for the interior dimensions
Stalks, switches etc were of course carried over from the Sierra though, including rear lights

Latest posts

Back