Recommendations Please

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshLaw

Could I have some recommendations / advice please:

firstly - how hard is it to fit a double din headunit into a Puma - what needs to cut away to allow for fitment and are there any how to guides on this?

alternatively what would the guys recommend re: a single din headunit that has the following features:

reversing camera input (must have)
SD Card and/or USB
mechless (if possible but not definite)

Also how strong (anti-vibrate) are these headunits with the flip up screens (do the screens shake on rough roads)?

Most of the double din installations I've seen look horrendous..altho , there has been the odd one that looked reasonable..

I'd go for a nice standard din personally..

Can't go wrong with a nice Alpine etc

What ElDude said!

I fitted one of those single din, flippy screen things in my old Vito. Every time the screen went out it switched the hazards on :lol:

After speaking to my local professional audio centre yesterday - they stated that, as we all know "you get what you pay for".

The 3 makes that they would certify as being top notch was Alpine, Pioneer and Kenwood. They said that they've had loads of failures of some cheaper brands (6 out 10, some fail straight out of the box) - including Xtrons, Eonons and Philips.

So I have decided after much searching and reviewing to go for an Alpine iDE-178BT.

So all I need now is someway to mount a screen for the reversing camera - any suggestions? I want as small a screen as possible - pref 4.3" or smaller that I could mount in the dashboard or ashtray or are these interior mirror reversing screens any good and whose would you recommend if so?

Where we have to park the car at night - there is a low wall behind the car that cannot be seen from the rear window.

Where we have to park the car at night - there is a low wall behind the car that cannot be seen from the rear window.

i usually just back really slowly till i feel a bump... come on.. it's a 2.5mm thick bumper... :))

Back