Rev stuck sometime

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mihalyn90

Hello,

So i discovered something that kinda bothers me... it doesn't make the car uncomfortable or undriveable, but my dad is used to other cars and it kinda kicks the revs high but here is the thing...

Only, i repeat only, when the car is cold... after a cold start, i stick it to 2nd or third gear and when i depress the gas pedal, the damn rev is stuck high only slowly slowly getting down... if i press the clutch drops to idle speed rev...

it happened after i did a long run, to hungary, around 120 km... we made a stop and i pressed the break, then clutch, get the car to a full stop and i saw the rev still stuck around 2k... released the clutch and the idle dropped to under 1k... 850-900 something...

then this is happening only early in the morning...

here i read somewhere that it has to do with the thermostat too, is it true?

also i have some interesting things with the temp gauge... cold start, go in city, everything ok, stuck on middle with the gauge... longer outside run with the rev usually on 1800-2200 zone the needle drops down... exactly between black box and normal range...

of course here in the morning are 0-2 degrees... is this ok?

My pumas temp gauge sits quite low when on motorways in cold weather so I wouldn't worry about that too much. It also does the rev thing, I keep meaning to take off the switch from the top of the clutch pedal and squirt some contact cleaner into it to see if it stops it. I'll get round to it one day lol.

for me it's not affecting my driving, i have a working clutch and brake... but still sometimes it's oh my...

Back