Revs all over the place

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SleepyDawg

Recently I had to fit a new ECU on my car. I also fitted a new coil, spark plugs and ht leads. For whatever reason the revs are always oscillating: if idling it's a minor oscillation but when I have to decrease the speed suddenly, as in when approaching a roundabout, exiting the freeway or make a tight turn the revs drop almost to the point where the car feels like it's going to stall. I've also noticed that turning the beams on makes the problem noticeably worse...
Any clues as to what may be the cause of this problem?

Did you retrain the ECU?

"Official ECU reset procedure:
Disconnect battery for 1 hour:

Ford Technical:
After reconnecting battery, engine should be allowed to idle for 3 minutes, as stored idle and drive values contained within the powertrain control module have been lost. This may cause a driveability concern if the following is not carried out.

Once engine reaches normal operating temperature, revs should be increased to 1,200rpm and maintained for approximately 2 minutes. This will allow powertrain control module to relearn idle values. For powertrain control module to complete its learning strategy, vehicle should be driven for approximately 5 miles of varied driving."

Van_Dammesque said:
Did you retrain the ECU?

Not me and I'm not sure the guy who worked on the car did that. I shall try it though. Much obliged for the comment, Van!

Latest posts

Back