Ring taxi written off

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spike.

oct27_taxi1.jpg

Reports (and these shocking photos) are just coming in that the latest Nordschleife closure today did involve the famous BMW Ring Taxi. The exact circumstances aren't immediately clear, but thankfully it would appear that nobody was seriously hurt.
This isn't the first time the BMW Ring Taxi has made headlines on BTG by crashing in the wet, and even in the dry, but I'm sure all BTG fans hope that the paying customers were unhurt. The new M5s used by BMW are pretty impressive beasts when they're on the track. This photo goes to show that they're not too bad in an impact either.

BTGers who know the circuit, and know that car, will agree with me when I say that the M5 could have been travelling in excess of 180kmh (113mph) around the first left-hander after the Karussell.

this the photo you wanted?

oct27_taxi1_zpsea37d4ee.jpg

edit: posted the photo because when I originally viewed the post all I got was a pic saying "stolen from bridgetogantry.com"

lol, it showed up ok my end, i;d thought their logo & watermark made it obvious where the photo came from!

Back