Rusty Puma Arch replacement group buy - NO I DON'T HAVE ANY MORE AND I'M NOT DOING THIS AGAIN

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha only just remembered about these yesterday while at steavies for an MOT, if you still get any work done at steavies rob just leave them there, or txt/ring me when your passing round the m25 next - 07851049953

remind me how much extras needed too. Cheers.

really want a set, could you send me the link to the site if you have stopped ordering for people? surley the sheet metals treated and that wont rot as well in years to come? how much do they cost? sorry if im to late need to sort her dirty arches before i can show her off otherwise shes just gonna get stick :roll: any help to get these will be appreciated even if its just a link :D

Hey im likely to be requiring 2 sets if possible. Are there any around still and if so how much?

Finally got a day free to wrap these f**kers:

Arches for wrapping:
IMG_1952.JPG

Bubble wrap:
IMG_1947.JPG

Corrugated card:
IMG_1948.JPG

Rubble sacks:
IMG_1946.JPG

Arch against polystyrene sheet:
IMG_1953.JPG

Badly-cut polystyrene 'stabby end covers':
IMG_1955.JPG

Bubble wrapped centre:
IMG_1957.JPG

Whole lot wrapped in corrugated card:
IMG_1959.JPG

Card wrapped in rubble sack and parcel taped to buggery and address label stuck on:
IMG_1967.JPG

Wanted to get the right balance between weight / protection en route. Going to measure / weigh / get shipping quotes and these will be on their way next week. I will be very disappointed if these don't arrive in the tippy top condition in which they leave me!

Just thought I'd give a "cheers" for all your efforts Rob, looking forward to the final details and delivery. Ta fella, G. :grin:

Okay, they weigh 1.5kg, and measure 72cm x 27cm x 6cm.

UPS are quoting £7.99+VAT.

There are cheaper options, City Link / Hermes / Yodel - but I've had issues with all of these in the past, whereas UPS have always, for want of a better phrase, delivered the goods. For the sake of a couple of quid saving max, I'd be inclined to get these sent off via UPS unless anyone massively objects?

Rob, sent you a message but will reply here too - sorry for being so slack and thank you for all the work you have done sorting this.

I honestly don't think i will end up fitting mine, its getting to the stage where i need a bigger car and cant justify keeping the pompom for track use - since doing all the work on mine its seen 0 track miles :eek:

If anyone is after a set i may well let mine go as im likely to strip the car to sell parts as i dont think its worth anything to trade in :(

Shimmyhill said:
Rob, sent you a message but will reply here too - sorry for being so slack and thank you for all the work you have done sorting this.

I honestly don't think i will end up fitting mine, its getting to the stage where i need a bigger car and cant justify keeping the pompom for track use - since doing all the work on mine its seen 0 track miles :eek:

If anyone is after a set i may well let mine go as im likely to strip the car to sell parts as i dont think its worth anything to trade in :(

How much were they???

Hello just dropped in here - are these still available

evilrob said:
IMPORTANT UPDATE:
I asked the supplier to provide a quote for 25, 30 and 40 units to see if there was any additional saving. Unfortunately, there is no further discount available, and any units from 21 onwards will be subject to a separate shipping charge as they can only send 20 at a time.

If anyone wants a set after we've hit the first 20, I will still order them for you if you want me to, but you will have to share the additional shipping cost of around £19.10 with however many people over 20 also want to participate.

To put it simply:
If you're in the first 20, you get the price quoted previously.
If you're buyer 21 or over, it'll be slightly more expensive as you'll have to take a hit on the additional shipping, unless someone from the first 20 drops out in which case you're quids in and you take their place.

Here's what they look like:

Reararchrepairpanels001.jpg

Reararchrepairpanels005.jpg

Reararchrepairpanels002.jpg

Reararchrepairpanels004.jpg

Apparently they're quite good for bodyshoppy people to work with when getting your arches repaired.

Is anyone else planning on doing their arches in the next few months? May be able to get some kind of discount - even if it's only on shipping (30EUR individually) for a few sets.

PAID:
1. evilrob - Reading - Pair - whenever - PAID
2. Ginger Tom - Show/Meet - 2 Pairs - whenever - PAID
3. Ginger Tom - Show/Meet - 2 Pairs - whenever - PAID
4. Mac - Show/Meet - Pair - whenever - PAID
5. oli8925 - Tunbridge Wells - Pair - whenever- PAID
6. deputy - Hastings (may be able to arrange something via mates otherwise courier)- Pair - whenever - PAID
7. YOG - Lee's gaff - Pair, whenever - PAID
8. gingerdave - Near Evesham (delivery TBC) - Pair - whenever - PAID
9. frocat - Possibly collect from near Reading - Pair - Before May - PAID
10. StevenRaith - North Yorks. - Pair - Before May - PAID
11. JPTipper (PumaPeople) - Dover - Pair - March/April - PAID
12. Shimmyhill - Norwich - Pair - ? - PAID
13. Z-fella - Brighton (I can drop off) - ? - Feb/March - PAID
14. g-whizz - Southport - PAID
15. Sasa (PumaPeople) - NI - Pair - March - PAID
16. binman (PumaPeople) - Edinburgh - Pair - PAID
17. water-bug55 - Staines (I can drop off/you can collect) - Pair - PAID
18. grayfox - London (can drop off next time I go to see Steavie) - Pair - PAID
19. burntbadger (PumaPeople) - ? - Pair - PAID
20. SENATEpumA - Gosport (I can drop off) - Pair - May - PAID

International orders:
1. CartMan - Norway - Pair - PAID

Interested:
1. jbc1971
2. alexwilliams840 - Telford
3. bennymc

I'm bored of chasing these people:
1. amandab
2. Tycho - ? - ? - ?

Dropped out:
FireFly90 - Possibly collect from near Reading - Pair - whenever - DROPPED OUT
craigw - Sunderland - Pair - ? - DROPPED OUT
Ryuu - Swansea - Pair - (paying soon - thanks for your PM) - DROPPED OUT

We all did a group buy so we could get a load of them shipped over at a cheaper price.
Unless you find someone on here who is selling a set, I think you'd be left with buying your own.

Just a quick question, are these the Peugeot front wings that can be used for the wheel arch repairs? http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/peugeot-206-front-wing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, cause the price is fantastic if so. What does everyone think?

Back