RustyRedTrackShed - Ford Puma 1.7 - £400 ono - please read

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dano

RustyRedTrackDayShed - Ford Puma 1.7 Track car - £400ono - please read

Putting my cheap track hack up for sale

please read the whole thread if you are interested, dont want to waste anyones time

Bought this car for the cliosport burpspeed llandow track day
spent some time and money getting it set up
drove to the track
hammered it round 60odd laps
drove it home
not a single fault, issue, or problem
put a massive smile on my face
and now I have no time, or space to use it / keep it.. so it has to go!

Important bits:

X / 2000 reg Ford puma 1.7
115k miles
Tax: Oct 14
Mot: DEC 14
No interior (just dashboard)
some service history / stamps in the book, all previous MOTs
TAPE ecu (most desirable)

Bad bits (get them out the way)

Rear arches are rusty, drivers side is worse but both sides need attention
ive duct taped over the rust and sprayed it up red so its less noticable

NO interior, roof liner, carpet, plastics, nothing! just the dashboard and steering wheel

Car will NOT come with seats, im keeping my buckets and the rails are welded in..

knocking over bumps from the front, wishbone bushes are shot

passenger rear wheel bearing makes noise when turning left, didnt get worse over llandow as its 90% right hand turns lol

over all car is tatty but mechanically sound.. ideal track hack!

Drum brakes on the back, good condition but may want to swap it out for a focus/fiesta disc beam at some point

Passenger door only opens from the inside and doesnt have a lock barrel so doesnt really lock (not really an issue)

no stereo / speakers / nothing

Still interested?
Good bits:

Mondeo V6 calipers, Focus ST170 300mm discs and mintex pads (brand new <600 miles + 60odd laps of llandow) lots of life left! no fade at all, worked perfectly, fills you with confidence coming up to the corners at speed, managed to out brake most of the cars on the day
calipers have been shaved / grindered to fit under 15" wheels

Custom floor rails for side mounted bucket seats, super low and perfect for track (car will need to be trailered home, or bring your own buckets)
rails have eyelets for harness welded on (nice and thick/strong welds)

Custom rear strut brace / harness bar welded in across the rear shock turrets

Engine is very healthy, pulls hard and doesnt use water or oil, oil is fresh (<600 miles) nice and golden
Gearbox is sublime, no crunches whines or rattles, firm selecting gears and feels smooth to drive
Clutch doesnt make noise or slip at all, even when "pressing on" car just pulls to the limiter!

"SpeedHunters" windscreen sticker, adds 5bhp!

electric windows still work

standard puma 15" 8 spokes in pretty good condition

Brand new 195/50/15 Toyo T1R's all-round, these were 8mm+ the morning of llandow, the passenger side two are down to about 5mm and have lots of scrubbing / tread wear due to llandows abrassive course, drivers side two are still looking new 7mm+ might want to swap them over if doing another llandow day (all still road legal, obviously)

I will include the 2x OMP 4 Point harnesses if the asking price is paid but no seats supplied with the car

I will leave my bucket seats fitted for test drives and viewing, but they will be removed apon agreement of sale of the car!

sure theres loads ive missed so feel free to ask any questions and ill get back to you asap!

Pics: (More available on request)

drivers arch

passenger arch (white scuff polished out now)

by drivers door

SEATS NOT FOR SALE!!

TD1.2s NOT FOR SALE, just showing the brakes

And there we have it!

to summerise:

Cheap track hack
Heaps of fun
bit rusty, bit faded
looks the part
works perfectly
stops on a sixpence
no seats (needs to be trailered or bring your own buckets)

I dont have the V5, waiting for previous owner to get it back before it can be sent off to me, I DO have the new owners slip and a receipt for proof of sale, which will be written and passed on to new owner

£400ono - Located in pembroke dock SA72 area, south/west wales

Pm me questions and ill get back to you asap!

Latest posts

Back