Save teh Puma Babes

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the £XXXX is the same, I get £57.50 more if they keep the car.

The £XXXX is less than I think the car is worth but is apparently it's Glasses Guide good condition money.

tbh the £57.50 is probably not the deciding factor. If you want to try to get your kat back on the road the decision is made for you.

If you aren't going to try to get it back on the road, then if you had the car back could you get more than £57.50 for it? If so, would the amount of time/effort be worth it?

Ultimately the decision has to be yours, but if yours is a high mileage/older model and you could add a reasonable amount to the £XXXX to get a younger/lower mileage model and you wanted to have a kat I would probably take as much as I could from the insurance company and buy the younger model.

I happen to know that a puma in excellent condition is about to come on the market, too! If I could justify running 2 cars I would be tempted to buy it back myself!

Always refuse the first offer. Have a look at some Pumas on Auto Trader, EBay etc that you reckon are in a similar condition to yours then send the ads to the insurance company (only if they're priced at more than what they've offered you)

I personally wouldn't accept any offer from them till you are happy with the settlement they are offering. The salvage company will not put your Puma up for auction an till you agree to your payout and your options have been confirmed.

Just keep at it and keep asking for more till you are happy with they offer and at the end of the day insurance companies are running a business and will always want to payout the least anout which they have to.

BenF said:
tbh the £57.50 is probably not the deciding factor. If you want to try to get your kat back on the road the decision is made for you.

If you aren't going to try to get it back on the road, then if you had the car back could you get more than £57.50 for it? If so, would the amount of time/effort be worth it?

Ultimately the decision has to be yours, but if yours is a high mileage/older model and you could add a reasonable amount to the £XXXX to get a younger/lower mileage model and you wanted to have a kat I would probably take as much as I could from the insurance company and buy the younger model.

I happen to know that a puma in excellent condition is about to come on the market, too! If I could justify running 2 cars I would be tempted to buy it back myself!

As mine was registered on the 28th March 2002there aren't that many 'younger' models about. as to the other car that is coming up soon -you're about 2 weeks behind with that idea Ben, it's already been discussed :)
oilburner said:
Always refuse the first offer. Have a look at some Pumas on Auto Trader, EBay etc that you reckon are in a similar condition to yours then send the ads to the insurance company (only if they're priced at more than what they've offered you)

Already done Daz x

Bentleya said:
I personally wouldn't accept any offer from them till you are happy with the settlement they are offering. The salvage company will not put your Puma up for auction an till you agree to your payout and your options have been confirmed.

Just keep at it and keep asking for more till you are happy with they offer and at the end of the day insurance companies are running a business and will always want to payout the least anout which they have to.

My claims handler is already onto it and have said that they would try and get a higher salvage pay out than £57.50

I'm not saying that I will fix it up, but I think it's worth more than 57 quid, the wheels and tyres will bring more than that

Glad you never accepted the first offer. Them offering the glass guide is BS. They are supposed to offer the cost of a replacement of similar condition. As someone already said you need to do a bit of research so your armed with comparisons to show them should they get funny.

Happened to me with my motorbike, I ended up with a huge amount more as I had proof of older, higher mileage models going for much more than his first offer.

Anyway, glad to see your keeping it, for the 57.50 they offered for scrap it was pretty much a no brainer.

And to dispell any worries about using it again, if it's repaired properly then it should be fine, my old Puma :'( was a write off and that served me very well for 4 years ;)

yippeekiay said:
And to dispell any worries about using it again, if it's repaired properly then it should be fine, my old Puma :'( was a write off and that served me very well for 4 years ;)
Even survived a brush with a ditch! :-D

image.php

PB - made you a offer, not sparkling but its ready to go and I think the guys here would be more then up for helping you get it fully stright

As long as the information given by the insurance people was correct I will definitely get the car back. I'll decide after that what to do with it. Either I'll accept the very generous and heart warming offers of assistance to get her back on the road for myself or maybe sell her whole for someone else to possible restore her

Well Mac's already up for it.

Insurance payout + proceeds from sale of Puma that needs (not very much) work = nice new Fiesta ST deposit... :cool:

Back