Scary crash test 120mph

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TylerB

Since in my hometown, 2 young guys crashed with their Golf II this weekend, and are both in coma and in danger of life.
This made me think and came upon this crash test, this focus is totally raped.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7dG9UlzeFM

Looks really scary!

Just a reminder for y'all to drive safely :)

I've watched that video a few times.
Although it was just a 'test', it's surprising how it turns your stomach when you think about what mess it would be if someone was actually in the car...

I've been to MIRA a few times to watch vehicle barrier tests and they were awesome to watch at just 56mph. The noise & carnage that ensues is a spectacle to see/hear so I can understand what he felt seeing it at more than twice the speed.

The only thing that I didn't like is the waste of the cars. We had to destroy immaculate fully working road legal Rover 75's, at the time being a car I liked a lot. A funny test ended with one of them deciding it would go for a drive in the country with one of it's front wheels missing :lol:

That's absolute worst case scenario though, hitting an inanimate object at full pelt with no attempt made to slow down. Hopefully most people expect that cars aren't indestructible and that for example driving them in to the side of a mountain or off a cliff is likely to result in the complete destruction of the car.

red said:
[post]362239[/post] That's absolute worst case scenario though, hitting an inanimate object at full pelt with no attempt made to slow down.
A scenario that's very much on the increase with people distracted by texting or speaking on the phone while driving.

Give me the good old fashioned drunk driver any day - they weave about giving you advance warning to keep well clear and in the event of an imminent collision at least seem to make a vague effort to steer and/or brake. The 'text zombie' does none of these and will come at you at full chat.

Texting while driving is 6x more likely to cause an accident than driving drunk.
https://www.edgarsnyder.com/car-accident/cause-of-accident/cell-phone/cell-phone-statistics.html - a USA link

Latest posts

Back