Service Kit

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gigglebug

In the right place this time!

Apart from oil would you need anything else other than the kit below to do a full service, I'm guessing not? Mine's not strictly due for another 900 odd miles but it has been over a year since it's last service so I might get it done anyway and at the same time as having the new brakes done to save a bit of cash at the garage. It's about £17 cheaper than getting it from fordpartsuk as far as I can work out.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171679984679?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

gigglebug said:
[post]348996[/post] In the right place this time!

Apart from oil would you need anything else other than the kit below to do a full service, I'm guessing not? Mine's not strictly due for another 900 odd miles but it has been over a year since it's last service so I might get it done anyway and at the same time as having the new brakes done to save a bit of cash at the garage. It's about £17 cheaper than getting it from fordpartsuk as far as I can work out.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ORIGINAL-INSP ... SwwpdW1rlz

...maybe in the right place but possibly the wrong link...unless you planning on some interesting ECU mods? :grin:

gigglebug said:
[post]349000[/post] That might look better! Must have squiffed up when I copied and pasted.

...that's it, seems a decent price too for all Ford stuff....you can save even more though by doing the service yourself, honestly it isn't hard...I'd never done anything like it before and found it quite easy and very satisfying... even inspired me to start my own thread for mechanical muppets like me :grin: (It's in my sig' if interested)
Honestly, you can sort it on a Saturday, save yourself a £100 or so and really enjoy your self-congratulatory tipple afterwards. :eek:k:

That's a cool thread g-whizz. I've managed to fit a bucket seat and change the steering wheel myself so far and it went through it's MOT yesterday with no advisories so I obviously didn't bollocks any of it up! Engine stuff I'm a bit more tentative about, might be worth manning up to the task though!

Ordered. Full service on top of a National Sport 8 Groove, Mintex M1144, braided hoses, Motal RBF600 front brake upgrade by the end of next week fingers crossed.

gigglebug said:
[post]349003[/post] That's a cool thread g-whizz. I've managed to fit a bucket seat and change the steering wheel myself so far and it went through it's MOT yesterday with no advisories so I obviously didn't bollocks any of it up! Engine stuff I'm a bit more tentative about, might be worth manning up to the task though!

Cheers... and no need to be tentative (honestly), the how-to-guides listed are really good, they'll walk you right through it, and I guarantee afterwards you'll wonder why you've been handing good money over to the garage to get it done. :eek:k:

If you are going to tackle the brakes on your own invest in a pressure bleed kit. Makes things quite a bit easier :)

lusid666 said:
[post]349011[/post] If you are going to tackle the brakes on your own invest in a pressure bleed kit. Makes things quite a bit easier :)

No chance of me trying the brakes, I'd never trust myself! I'm a complete novice to be honest that's decided to have a go at a few things, mainly as it's a relatively easy car to work on and isn't worth a fortune. Been going to the same garage since I've been driving and my dad's been going there for even longer. Get on well with the mechanic obviously so he's been more than willing for me to use all the facilities for a few crates of cider which seems like a good deal to me. I've done some rust proofing underneath, changed the exhaust, fitted a bucket seat (swapping the cushions from the drivers seat to the passengers at the same time) and replaced the steering wheel so far. I've got new tyres and the brakes to go on which I'll get him to do but I might have a go at doing most of the service at the same time so he can step in of I'm ballsing it up.

If you've done all that the brakes aren't any harder. Drums are a pain, but callipers are easy.

Back