Slippery mode

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jannetta

Love my puma and I've driven a few cars.but I've never had such a bad snow drive.i was slipping allover the place in slippery mode...any ideas

I think tyres are important, I use Goodyear Vector 4 seasons on my Red Puma, but we haven't had any real snow since I've owned a Puma.
The Thunder I used to own, didn't have the ABS or traction control working and had the popular but cheapish Toyo TR1's on the front, in the wet it used to slide all over the place, when I changed to the Goodyears it didn't. My Medium Steel blue Puma has Falken Ecorun tyres and that is fine in the wet as well.

Get some winter tyres.I use Hankook Icept tyres on my old Ka which really has same DNA as Puma and always found them very good. in snow and on cold wet roads just fitted to the front they really turn the car into an oversteer instead of an under steering vehicle.For year round tyres a set of Uniroyal rain sports work good on lightweight cars

Tyres are important as above. I bought mine with cheap and nasty tyres on which would not put the power down when pulling away in first even in in the warm and dry. It would go sideways instead of forwards! this was cured by fitting Toyo proxes in my case.
Even with decent tyres, I recommend pulling away using second gear in the snow as there is too much torque in first.

I use mine year round, it's running on Michelin pilot sport 3 tyres. They're brilliant and keep the puma sure footed throughout winter. There does seem to be some hate for them on the forums but i think its down to how much they cost.

Latest posts

Back